—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Eyewitness Reviews

AJ V

September 6, 2010
A great mystery thriller with great actors, I really liked it and I recommend it.
movieguru12
movieguru12

October 17, 2010
Fairly good acting but it was a bit strange.
jjnxn
jjnxn

January 24, 2009
Good cast but lifeless.
MIKELITTLE3
November 30, 2011
A little seen but terrific thriller , with great performances by William Hurt & Sigourney Weaver. One of the best films of 1981.
The80sExpert
May 17, 2010
I liked this movie, particularly James Woods as the creep who the police suspect just because he's creepy. Plus, Sigourney Weaver is a great actress. The mystery is interesting, although I fell asleep near the end, I was really just tired, I'll have to rewatch this someday, but I know how it ended anyway. I liked the ending. I would recommend this movie.
jam233
December 4, 2009
The great cast is a big plus for this thriller. The plot is a little far fetched and cluttered with too many plots and characters. James Woods and Sigourney Weaver are great. Good score.
December 18, 2007
A nice movie, but not a gem by any stretch. Although this is an alleged whodunit, the cast is so small that while the resolution may not be completely predictable, the filmmakers really don't give you many characters to choose from as to who did it. I really watched it because there is a scene where they film a parking lot which today is where my apartment building is.
Nukleopatra
March 1, 2013
A strange film with an excellent cast. Nice little 'Cats Eye' connection, too.
June 5, 2012
Anachronistically offensive in almost every respect but so uniquely bizarre that it some how emerges as a greater product than the sum the of its faulty parts. It's like watching a David Mamet's "Homicide" and John Hughes' "Pretty In Pink" concurrently.
February 28, 2012
The two divergent story lines failed to coalesce into anything like a coherent plot, but the odd and (perhaps) deep character development helped somewhat in overshadowing this glaring fault. Indeed, the movie seems more interested in showing us strange glimpses of the characters' (both main and minor) lives than actually developing the story. Although you could hardly call it a climax--in the sense that any rising action has brought us here--the final shootout in the stables is so absurd and delightfully irrelevant that one almost forgets how disappointing it is as the apparent destination of the film.
April 24, 2011
Eyewitness is almost a good movie, with sensational performances throughout and a tightly woven mystery. Warring plots that never quite synthesize and a surprisingly virulent antisemetic streak keep it from being as great as its parts.
rafe.macpherson@sympatico
April 1, 2011
I'm really surprised. I remember this movie as being really good when I saw it 1981. Both Sigourney Weaver and William Hurt were new and sexy and I guess the setting was novel.
Thirty years later, the movie is almost incoherent, a quirky slice-of-American-life piece grafted awkwardly onto a political thriller with inexplicable coincidences, false clues and red herrings. James Woods is embarrassingly actorish and the shoot-out in the stables at the end is ridiculous. Sometimes it's a mistake to revisit the past.
Gre da Vid
October 28, 2010
An office building custodian leads a TV reporter whom he loves, to believe he knows more than he does about the murder of a tenant. This leads the real killer to believe that the custodian actually knows who the killer is, which puts his life in danger. It's a game of cops and killers, with some intrigue. With five good actors (Hurt, Weaver, Freeman, Woods and Plummer), although early in their careers, one would think this would be great film, but, unfortunately it isn't. Take it or leave it, doesn't matter.
jazza923