19% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Flipper Reviews

Jason O

September 11, 2009
What can I say? Love Flipper, watched reruns of the show religiously for years, and will watch any Flipper movies. I grew up watching the Flipper TV series and it was always one of my favorites, so I couldn't wait to see the original movie that's humbly called "Flipper." It shows how Flipper earned his name and how he met his best friend named Sandy.
I liked this movie, but I don't like it as much as I like "Flipper's New Adventure." You won't see Flipper make any rescues this first time around, and he doesn't have the same 'voice' as he has in the series, but you will see the smart dolphin do plenty of tricks and show that he had a huge brain even in his first outing.

If you've ever liked the TV series or even if you haven't ever seen it, but you like dolphins or just good movies, I recommend getting "Flipper." It'd probably be especially good for kids of any age to watch, and possibly a good family movie. To make it short, it'd be a good buy. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2001. "Flipper's New Adventure" is the best Flipper movie ever. This one is the worst.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

January 1, 2008
ive seen a flipper starring elijah wood and i thought it was a very warm hearted and interesting film very good
tstoombs
June 4, 2006
Was sure I was going to be a dolphin trainer for a long time until I realized I was afraid of the water.
rocknblues81
June 25, 2010
No a bad movie. Obviously it's formulaic by today's standards because the formula has been milked so much. Most likely you know the story. But oddly enough the film starts out with a documentary type feel that threw me off guard a bit. Also, the cinematography was pretty good for that time period. In fact, in a lot of players it looks fairly good by today's standards.

But the story works well largely because the acting is good and absence of overbearing sentiment that we often get with movies such as Free Willy. No doubt it's a feel good movie, but it's a feel good movie that was made before the formula became so worn out. There is an honesty to it all. Clearly this film was made to tell a good feel good story instead of just made to make big bucks.