• PG, 1 hr. 41 min.

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Funny Farm Reviews

AJ V

September 6, 2010
An hilarious movie about a writer who moves out to the country to get some peace and quiet so he can write, but finds it's not that easy. Chase is fantastic in this movie, I really enjoyed it.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

November 24, 2007
It's considered an 80's classic, but it's not quiet as memorable.
KJ P

January 27, 2010
Dated, but funny! Funny farm is pure hilarity!
Jason O

August 15, 2009
"Funny Farm" is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Andy Farmer (Chevy Chase) and Elizabeth Farmer (Madolyn Smith) want to find a place to live in the country, away from all the noises and hassles of the city. But they never thought that the country could bring some of the problems that it does. It's a nice place in the country with a pond, a nice house, and a good view. But before they know it, they're dealing with snakes, a mysterious mailman, a coffin in the backyard, and much more.
"Funny Farm" has a lot of funny parts such as when Chevy Chase thinks he caught a fish from their backyard pond, but finds out it's a snake and it chases him all the way to the house. The movie isn't only a good comedy movie, it also has some other elements such as drama mixed in, and you'll see that when Andy and Elizabeth nearly split up.

If you like good comedy movies, and especially if you like Chevy Chase movies, you'll probably like "Funny Farm." I recommend it. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. Chevy Chase is always great.
Michael G

October 25, 2006
Words cannot describe how much I hate this movie.
Dann M

May 18, 2014
Chevy Chase is off to the countryside for some home grown laughs in Funny Farm. Looking for the quiet life, the Farmers move to the small rural town of Redbud, but they soon discover that the town isn't as idyllic as they thought. Co-starring Madolyn Smith, the film features some impressive comedic talent. Chase and Smith prove to have great chemistry together as a city couple that's out of their element. And while a lot of jokes are stereotypical, (making fun of the backward ways of small towns) it works pretty well here. A good old fashioned comedy, Funny Farm is entertaining and fun.
DrStrangeblog
DrStrangeblog

June 8, 2011
Seems there is a lot of division over this one, but for me the answer is clear: this is Chevy's 4th best comedy behind Vacation, Fletch, and Christmas Vacation. (Yes, better than Spies Like Us, Caddyshack, and Three Amigos!) Take a look at that list and let's pause for a moment in remembrance at what a comic giant he was in the 1980s, rivaled only by Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy for supremacy during the Reagan Years.

This could have reached #3 if not for the change in direction during the final quarter with fewer gags and a focus on the deteriorating relationship with his wife Madolyn Smith (who gives a fine performance.) This section still works for me since the feelings are earnest but does affect the mood. Until then, there are a ton of great gags: the movers, the snake, the ducks, asking for directions, the softball game, the fishing competition, the crazy mailman, the coffin, the operators, the runaway dog simply called "Dog" because they hadn't had time to give him a name, and the sheriff who never passed the driving exam and rides in a taxi! Stupid title, funny movie.
toejambaseball24
toejambaseball24

November 15, 2010
Hilarious stuff.
Erin C

November 14, 2010
This was pretty enjoyable. The acting and lines were a little over the top at times, but the quirky townspeople were so random and made the movie interesting.
Sarah P

October 27, 2007
Pretty standard Chevy Chase comedy.
December 23, 2007
This movie has plenty of farm but not as much funny as I would have liked. A writer and his wife moving to a farm and having a hard time adjusting to a new mode of living sounds like a good idea for a comedy. Sadly, once the couple reaches the farm fewer funny things happen than you may hope for. It is full of light chuckles but never builds up to quality hard laughs. Chevy Chase can be very funny but this is not the best
role for his quick-footed smart aleck witty lines that he is known for. The movie dips a little too low and the comedic payoff is just not quite there. It is lightly humorous but is not memorable and should have been a funnier movie.
September 8, 2008
call me mr. lamb fries!

good, the funniest, and the amazing actor chevy chase the funniest main character in the movie. check it out in scene that funniest rest of movie like baseball game scene (that is hilarious one), fishing, lamb fries (gross one that you surprise), and more of most funny scene. mike starr and early role glenn plummer appear short part as mover and is the hilarious one. seen beautiful madolyn smith is great acting as chevy chase's supportive wife elizabeth and some funniest like she scare eel and the dancing with the walkman. director george roy hill who done director of "slap shot", "the little drummer girl", "the world according to garp", and rest of others that he direct last film this movie.
May 5, 2011
Funny Farm is a typical Chevy Chase film. If you love him, you'll love Funny Farm. I'm not q huge Chase fan away from the Vacation films, but this had it great laugh out loud moments.
RachelJezel
December 22, 2009
Not as funny as you would expect from Chevy Chase. If youre thinking Nat. Lampoon's or Fletch, it's not even close.
BettyWhaCknUt
February 24, 2009
" We came to Redbud filled with hopes and dreams of a better life. And basically, we've seen those hopes and dreams crushed and battered before our very eyes."
JaredsBaby
April 13, 2008
love watching this movie it's funny and very entertaining about a couple giving up the city life for the life in the country and all the miss haps that happen to them in a small town.
acekid33
November 13, 2007
Funniest Move more like it! Favorite part when he eats the lamb balls, first time i almost pissed my pants! No joke.
lelandp13
June 28, 2007
Not my bag... I just never could get into it. The lead female was just so bitchy i just found myself not caring for any of the people in the film. and really NOT as funny as the title leads you to belive
shelerella
June 15, 2007
One of my favorite Chase films. Watching the hapless Farmer couple slog through the not so green acres is a practice in laugh out loud fun!