Homeboy Reviews

Paris S.
September 4, 2014
For what it's worth, the film does capture the essence of being down on your luck and wandering, and for that, I kind of like it. The plot is as simple as they come, the shots are unremarkable yet occasionally very pretty, the dialogue is trite, but the film amounts to something when it's through. There's a rare moment of brilliance here, but it's usually obscured by the amount of pretense onscreen. Should you watch? Eh. Mickey Rourke and Christopher Walken have above average performances.
Paris S.
September 4, 2014
February 15, 2013
It has enough to keep your attention but I wouldn't put it on pause to go make a sandwich.
December 27, 2010
No wonder Mickey lost his faith in Hollywood since his most ambitious efforts such as this one were never given any credit. Before there was The Wrestler, there was Homeboy (one dignified by Bruce Springsteen, the other by Eric Clapton). And you won't be wasting time doing your homework on this one.
½ August 3, 2009
One of the best Boxer Movies and one of the best Mickey Rourke Movies one of my Favourite Scenes is the Beginning when Mickey Rourke goes into the Black's Bar and dancing hot with a sexy Black Lady on the Table
June 15, 2009
Big fan of this movie. Really shows the talent of Rourke. Check it out. At least once. One of my favorite movies. Love the feel and acting. This movie just feels like a labor of love and maybe that is why I like it so much.

Rewatchability isn't very high - but it is something that I will watch many more times in my lifetime.

10/10 - fresh