• 100 Girls

76% You're the Worst: Season 1

100 Girls Reviews

Alice S

January 18, 2014
Actually not terrible by the end. This early aughts horndog comedy starts with some terrible and trite stereotypes about college guys, college girls, and what they'd do for bad college sex - all layered with an incessantly monologuing leading doofus.

Matthew, the doofus character starts arcing half an hour in though, and his hopelessly romantic quest for finding The One becomes more complex and endearing as he starts earnestly exploring the tensions between the sexes instead of just subscribing to his dude-brah roommate's defense mechanism of misogyny or letting his misguided Women's Studies professor blame men for all manners of perceived patriarchal sins.

The movie still pats its male writer and character on the back for playing the hero against sexual assault and for being the first to speak of gender equality and understanding (in fair albeit elementary terms). Even though Matthew's climactic speech is very sweet (filled with both stereotypical yet comforting gender cues and genuine promises about commitment and respect), traditional gender roles are still in place: the dude makes a sweeping declaration of love, and the gaggle of girls swoons.

The supporting cast of ladies starts off without personality or each with only one, odd defining quirk, but the characters played by Larisa Oleynik, Katherine Heigl, Jaime Pressly, Marissa Ribisi, and a [Ben Wa] ballsy and sensual Emmanuelle Chriqui (whom I thought was a young contemporary of Nina Dobrev's but actually isn't), eventually round out the varying levels of estrogen.
Spencer S

December 9, 2008
Most people have seen this because of Katherine Heigl, but believe you me, it's nothing to wave your flag at.
Alexander W

March 7, 2009
A lot better than I was expecting. After watching a couple of awful movies I got this just to see Jaime Pressly from 'my name is earl' but clearly got sucked into the Narators and main character objective critisism and self loathing of the rules between men and women.
Byron B

January 31, 2008
Flat, one dimensional characters throughout. This includes the main character who just gets on your nerves talking and talking endlessly about why men and women are different, and then later about how they belong together. The writer-director seems to think all this talk passes for wisdom about the millennial old arguments between the sexes. Throwing nearly every stereotypical chauvinistic assumption from both sides of the gender divide into the script does not lead to any answers. There are plot holes and ridiculous situations to fill the rest of the run time in this supposed sex farce.
EnigmaticHallucination
September 8, 2009
I've never seen a battle between a geek and a muscle bound guy resolved by purple nurples. Oh my. some of the "special effects" were interesting. I also learned something new, never start playing with a set of balls that looks like the old stress relievers in a chicks room. There are some funny moments how it explores how helpless guys are with women. And wow there are a lot of stars in it too. One of the guys from CSI Vegas (Greg)was in it too which was really cool. Even when it was small part. I can't help but laugh at how the main character goes all "ESPN" when talking about how the women have all these tools to over power man. Then there is this chick that whenever she gets nervous pulls out her eyebrows. What a trip. They sure attack a lot of the stereotypes and issues, a lot of times the guys end up the bad guys. There are plenty of amusing parts, the story isn't anything to unique really. Then again there's some theories I don't agree with. Like a man being able to fall in love with a different women every day and being unable to be open emotionally. Then again most guys I know are like that so who knows. There's a touching moment about how someone that's "ugly" feels about how life can be. How they are doomed to be alone while everyone else gets to find someone special and have someone passionate about them. Feeling the happiness that everyone else feels as they have a family and everything and how the ugly people end up alone or fool themselves into being with someone just so they don't have to be alone. It's touching and insightful all at the same time. This movie is rather insightful even though most think it's masqueraded as some teen film. They really keep you guessing too. You keep thinking you know who the mystery woman is and yet it keeps changing. And wow, it is so poetic at times too, really surprising. This whole movie was definitely different than I suspected. It was touching and very enjoyable.
iLeo
iLeo

November 9, 2007
A hilarious film!
Hamee
January 7, 2008
This was a reasonably good movie. It had a few raunchy moments, but overall it was sweet. It had one of the sappy endings that all romantic comedies seem to have.
October 19, 2010
i guess they attempt to resolve the battle of the sexes by making the most hilariously, insultingly unfunny and blatantly sexist movie of all time.. also, stars katherine heigl
lilwilli0
March 5, 2011
Actually a deep movie. Hey guys, we uhh, need to see this one........part of a check and balance kinda sorta thing.
July 12, 2010
This one started out kinda raunchy but slowly progressed to be insightful. I don't know if it was intended but if it was, it's brilliant!
MyPainYourThrill
May 15, 2010
I literally just got done watching this movie, and I have to say it was amazing. I seriously loved it and it's definetly a favorite, I'll watch it again for sure!
dianykinns007
May 5, 2010
stupid teenage boy and pethetic man thoughts of sex - stereotypes personified taken to the tenth degree
April 14, 2009
I watched this on 12/26/09 and I didn't realize that I had seen this movie before. Now that I have seen it twice, it is an ok movie. Kind of overdone in parts. Emmanuelle Chriqui is incredibly beautiful in this movie and there are obviously other hot females based on the title. Tucker is the part that is overdone. Decent movie.
leemiister33
October 5, 2009
Really liked it, really cheesy but thought provoking. Reminds me of what it takes sometimes to find the one.
blix28
October 2, 2009
I thought this movie was just adorable. I do recommend this. A great comedy and yet some very valid points that struck home.
January 14, 2009
Stupid...and brilliant! Amidst the dumb & cheesy parts, there really was some great male insight going on.
January 5, 2009
This movie is better than expected. I don't remember hearing anything about this movie when it came out, but I used the Flixster recemedation feature and this movie came up. In the past the recommendation had been disappointing to say the least, but this time it was spot on. For fans of movies like "American Pie" and "Road Trip" or maybe even closer to "Hexed" this will offer quite a few laughs.
markrowen
January 3, 2009
Coming in knowing nothing about this movie, I came out kind of shocked since it didn't turn out as every other college aimed movie. It was still a little trifle, but it did have a lot of wittiness to it.
August 15, 2008
poetic and a very interesting cmparison of the sexes...entertaining and sexual...worth watching for the arguments and points teh narrator makes about men and women
Ocool114
July 17, 2008
I actually really enjoyed this one. Michael Davis has made a string of good movies. Shoot 'Em Up being the latest. He takes what he liked about a whole bunh of movies, and magnifies what he likes, and what we get is Michael Davis pictures. I also was introduced to Jonathan Tucker in this one, an actor of great potential. This is a funny and very sweet movie. I recommend seeing it with some wine and a member of the opposite sex. Or the same sex, if that's your thing.