Ivanhoe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ivanhoe Reviews

September 2, 2007
Knights come alive and this is my favorite rendition...untypical because I usually like the originals.
May 1, 2007
Something about this movie has always captured my imagination. Maybe it's the vulnerability of Ivanhoe as he battles life-threatening wounds, the love triangle between the woman he loves and the woman who loves him, or the inherent coolness of the arrogant knights bent on killing him. I don't know. But I do know that this movie is one of my favorites.
½ January 18, 2015
I've never read the original novel upon which the film is based, but I have some idea of what it was about. From what I've heard, it was a novel that took you back to days of castles, knights and kings, and that's exactly what this made-for-TV epic does. Ivanhoe also proves that not all made-for-TV films are dubious in quality. In fact, despite its fairly bloated runtime, the film proves to be an engaging medieval tale, even if it has a habit of glossing over some of the grimmer realities of medieval life. The biggest strength of this film is its engaging performances, delivered by a cast of talented actors. The film also provides a convincing atmosphere, which is bolstered by the set pieces, the music, and the fairly well-aged visuals. In my opinion, it's a very engaging film that lures you in very good performances, a very good medieval atmosphere, and a rather compelling story. At times, it felt like it really was a medieval fantasy coming alive, and that's always the mark of a good movie.
July 1, 2012
One of the best movies that tell about the history of noble English knights.