Kung Fu

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Kung Fu Reviews

Patrick D

March 19, 2008
It really makes me want to see the rest of the series, but as a movie in itself it just doesn't hold up. Especially with the ending, which did, however make me feel that there was alot of cool shit ahead...hence the fact I feel the show would be better.
Monsieur Rick
January 27, 2010
This is the pilot film (the film that sells the story to televeision for a series). David Carradine stars as a Chinese-American priest trained in discipline, humility, perception and the art of karate-judo.

Hunted for the murder of Chinese royalty, the priest finds work with a railroad crew and he humbles the white villain bosses with his superior ways.

Flashbacks of the priest's boyhood training allow the film to avoid using the usual western stuff. Carradine is very good in the lead and gets fine support from Barry Sullivan and Albert Salmi as the bad guys.

Grasshopper(his childhood nickname), now you know the rest of the story.

Director: Jerry Thorpe
Writers: Ed Spielman (teleplay), Howard Friedlander (teleplay
Stars:David Carradine, Barry Sullivan and Albert Salmi
Tykonderoga
February 2, 2010
See this movie grasshoppa.
Sarah R.
December 15, 2009
My husband wanted to buy this set as he loved watching it as a kid. I had never watched it so sat down with him thinking it would prob be naff (judging by a lot of things we used to watch as kids!). It certainly has a naff quality about it, and it gets slated a lot by people, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed watching them, I think they're brilliant. I love the peaceful buddhist aura that David Carradine has about him in these episodes; very similar to what he portrayed in Kill Bill (aside from shooting his wife in the head lol!!!!). Really love the beginning of each episode with the look Master Po gives him when they are fighting....brilliant
radioman970
June 5, 2006
I had a huge movie marathon over the weekend! Check it out!

[b]Six Pack[/b]. Yep, Kenny Rogers and a bunch of kids. I love it, what can I do? Nice racing footage and Kenny as a race driver is pretty easy to swallow. Plus, I dig that song: "Love will turn you around". :)

The 1st [b]Sleepaway Camp[/b] sequel misses the mark. It just isn't as much fun. At first I enjoyed laughing at it and thought that would continue but it didn't. I have lower expectations for the 2nd sequel now, so that's a good thing. I think a 2nd viewing of this in the future might be easier to take. It just doesn't have much energy and lacks the "what will they do next?" feel of the original.

[b]Heaven Help Us[/b]. Cost nearly the same as a rental. Plus it's in widescreen and looks pretty good. I'm happy and continue to love this movie about Chatholic school boys!

The pilot movie for the TV series [b]Kung Fu[/b] pretty much previews the quality this series will enjoy throughout it's run. It's going to fun to rediscover this series. I'm very pleased so far!

Parody doesn't get any better than [b]Kentucky Fried Movie.[/b] Several bits are fall in the floor funny! Breasts pressed up against a foggy shower window have never been done better than right here!! :D
Mod Hip
June 20, 2004
I went to the mall with my good friend Dave. I picked up some DVDs. Some of them were on a buy-one-get-one-free box, with the original price tag being $5!!! So for $7.50 you could get two movies. As I searched through the messy box, I saw a gem... I couldn't believe it... there lay Vanilla Sky. I desperately searched for another movie to buy with it so I could rescue it from that evil pit. So now I have two copies of Vanilla Sky.... I'm sure I'll find someone who wants the new one. hehehe.
Dave and I got back and it was POURING rain, like it typically does in Florida summer. We bolted into my apartment to unplug the computer, and then to his house to do the same and watch my Hard Eight DVD. He had never seen it before, and now he's saying that he feels like a copy-cat because he loves PT Anderson and he's like "Oooh, I want to be like Tom and like PT Anderson!" I told him it was okay, because he's hooked me on cheesey horror movies and now I'm like "Oooh, I want to be like Dave and like cheesey horror movies!"

Other DVD purchases...

Sense and Sensibility
The Hulk
A Night at the Roxbury
The Italian Job
Northern Exposure - Season One (for my parents)