Oliver Twist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Oliver Twist Reviews

½ July 10, 2009
This black-and-white film adaptation of Oliver Twist is as good as the original novel, starting with the character's life at the orphanage. It's short yet okay for me.
July 20, 2013
Early adaptation of the famous novel, this Monogram production about an orphan child risking a life in crime and corruption from an early age is obviously rushed, cheap and overall poor, as well as outdated and difficult to watch.
½ January 26, 2012
This black-and-white film adaptation of 'Oliver Twist' is as good as the original novel, starting with the character's life at the orphanage. It's short yet okay for me.
October 6, 2010
The story of Oliver Twist is well portrayed as I remember him from the book. Fagan, Doger, Spikes and Nancy are excellent characters.
½ July 10, 2009
February 12, 2009
Dated. And Dickie Moore, despite being irresistibly cute, doesn't do much acting. Doris Lloyd is really good though. As is Irving Pichel.