• Project X

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Project X Reviews

AJ V

September 6, 2010
Not that I'm on the side of the crazy army scientist guys in this movie or anything, but I hate movies with monkeys. This is no exception, the story is predictable, yet the actors were good, but all the while I kept hating those monkeys who were supposed to be all cute, they get on my nerves.
thmtsang
thmtsang

October 27, 2007
Sad movie about military medical experiment on monkeys. Stars a young Matthew Broderick and Helen Hunt who try to rescue the animals.
Allison B

July 25, 2007
Oh, how this movie made me bawl! It was the first time that I realize animals were used in labs. It also jumpstarted my fear of monkeys.
Marion R

January 11, 2009
Save the monkeys! Pretty much exactly what you expect.
jim222001us
jim222001us

August 7, 2007
Try not to get teared up during this movie, I dare you lol. However, this is no movie for kids just because monkeys are in it. It's a smart and touching movie about putting a stop to running fatal tests on monkeys.
February 8, 2010
This movie was made at the tail end of the Cold War and it obviously intended to send a message. At its core it's a family movie and it definitely is one of those movies that had the "ask your kids" these questions on the back. It's worth watching just for the James Horner soundtrack.
StaisilD
November 16, 2008
After being found up in a plane with a girl and a bottle of champagne, trainee Air Force pilot Jimmy Garrett is demoted in disgrace and assigned to a research program run by the Strategic Weapons Division where he is given the job of training chimpanzees in the use of flight simulators. There he becomes attached to Virgil, one of the chimps, and comes to realize that Virgil can speak sign language. Investigating, he finds that Virgil was raised in a university animal behaviour program before its funding fell through. But then Jimmy discovers that the flight simulator training is being conducted in readiness for an experiment where the chimps are going to be subjected to lethal doses of radiation in order to see how long pilots can continue flying after passing through a nuclear blast. And so he joins with Virgil's trainer Teresa McDonald to save Virgil from his intended fate. The acting was pretty fine, but the monkeys were the stars, they were perfect.
surfaliensurf
August 29, 2007
No matter how many times I watch this I cannot help crying like a little boy. So sad. BUT a good one all the same.
lelandp13
June 28, 2007
use to watch this all the time when I was a kid. I really don't know why. I think it had to do with watching them set the monkey's free in the end. But I hated watching them kill them... I think this is the reason I'm for animal rights.
June 24, 2007
This movie is an emotional roller coaster. It makes me cry every time I've seen it. (Which is hard to watch to begin with) I love animals and this makes me so mad.
1980sgirl
March 21, 2007
I absolutely cannot watch this movie because it makes me bawl. I am not sure why but I cannot do it!
HunnysFangirl
February 17, 2007
I loved it!! The little monkey was adorable. It is definitly a movie to show why animal activists do what they do.
wizardoftacoma
December 30, 2006
Matthew Broderick, in one of his first grownup roles after years of playing teen heroes, stars as an air force foul-up, this movie can make you cry
June 14, 2006
i watch this movie when i want to cry, a lot. not particularly good, but to me it is. if you like animals and want to find a tear jerker this is it.
November 11, 2013
Siempre recordare la historia triste de los chimpances. No hagais pelis para ninyos si vais a causarle traumas con lacrimogenas historias de monos.
August 19, 2013
I liked it. It was sad, but I liked seeing another side of Matthew in this movie. You can start to see why Helen Hunt is so good at more serious movies with her acting in this one.
July 7, 2007
Tried to be E.T., but just didn't work. Why does it have such a high rating on here?
October 25, 2012
A great 80s movie that deals with friendship, the treatment of animals, and of course the intelligence of man's closest relative.
Mrugen
August 5, 2012
I am with the Critics on this one...the chimp Vergil acted too damn well...refreshingly new for the era it was released in...definitely worth watching once....