64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Runaway Reviews

Phil H

July 1, 2011
The man's man Mr Selleck is on top form here and so is that iconic tash as he goes up against a nasty robot controlling villain with his feisty blonde partner in a not so distant future (that future being waaay in the past now).

Written by Michael Crichton and using some (at the time) top looking robot effects mixed with computer wizardry and fancy looking imagery the film actually does achieve the aim of being set in a regular world now accompanied by robots with all kinds of duties. It reads like an Asimov story and is quite good fun despite its age, the acting is amusing and hammy, Gene Simmons is great fun as the evil baddie and the weaponry on display is quaint, its almost like a comicbook flick.

Its actually kinda cool to watch this film and recall all this old technology, I think I actually remember those little spider robots being shown on TV way back, maybe on 'Tomorrows World' or something like that, loving those big chunky computers and the fact that Selleck couldn't track evil Simmons when he called up because Simmons was using a mobile phone haha how did we all survive without mobile phones!?
Its all obsolete but its still much fun to watch which almost goes for most of Selleck's work.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
A great sci-fi action movie, very exciting and cool. I really liked this movie.
garyX
garyX

June 9, 2007
More inept straight to video tosh from Tom Selleck in which an evil mastermind played by Gene Simmons (yes, that one!) tries to kill people with meccano. Silly.
deano
deano

March 18, 2007
Fine thriller of a futuristic cop (Tom Selleck) trying to track down robots that have gone bad. The acid-squirting, exploding electric spiders are a good touch of genius.
chadroesti
chadroesti

May 8, 2007
Decent 80's Sci-Fi Cop movie with Tom Selleck's Mustache and Gene Simmon's tongue. Not bad, really liked it when I was 9. I remember there were cool little robotic spiders.
Lee K

January 3, 2009
A pretty cool flick for the time frame, always seemed to like tom selleck on screen and Gene Simmons was great as a terrorist!
jjb3332003
November 30, 2012
An interesting concept presented in a stale manner. My man TS never did transition well into film, a break for the Indiana Jones franchise. Cynthia Rhodes was moderately cute, but the highlight was Gene Simmons looking like an evil Bronson Pinchot.
September 29, 2011
Watchable bad sci-fi claptrap, directed by Michael Crichton himself?

Starring Tom Selleck and his mustache? Cynthia Rhodes looking '80s hot? Kirstie Alley during her thin years?

Gene Simmons looking like the sleaziest jerkoff villain you've ever seen?

What's not to love?

Rental!
The80sExpert
September 1, 2010
This is an exciting and cool sci-fi action thriller cop movie. It's a good combination of all those elements. If you love sci-fi action thrillers, you'll want to see this movie.
January 31, 2010
This is the kind of thing you watch when you are on Netflix desperate for something to watch. For a 1984 movie I guess it wasn't too bad. I do like Tom Selleck and this was his type of thing for sure.
jam233
November 1, 2009
Tom Sellecks likable performance helps this movie out a lot. It is badly dated, but was probably pretty cool in 1984. It does have a decent pace, but is also a bit too predictable. Decent, and it is imaginative.
July 3, 2009
A bullet with you name on it...or precisely a genetic marker, DNA tracker...either way one smart bullet
Shane D

February 26, 2009
Watching Gene Simmons try to act is like watching him try to make music, sickening, but he was just the cherry atop this shit sundae.
vincentstjohn
April 4, 2008
Gene Simmons (and Tom Sellecks) best movie. The mechanical spiders that shoot acid at you was a neat concept. Gene Simmons plays a really good bad guy. Early appearance for a young Kirstie Alley as well. You'll recognize the late G.W. Bailey from the Police Academy movies, and Cynthis Rhodes is gorgeous as Sellecks love interest. Don't know why, but Selleck reminds me of my dad in this one.
August 15, 2007
Complete boredom at midnight was my only excuse for seeing this movie. A little interesting with Gene Simmons as the bad guy, but this movie is SO very outdated.
SaginTheWolf
July 8, 2007
Gene Simmons as a villain? KISS say it ain't so! Actually he plays a good villain in this robot heavy near future movie.
oneronin
June 18, 2007
The plot is kinda weak, but it is interesting to see what film makers of the early eighties thought technology of the future would be like. When I say future I mean the time we're in now; 2007, looking from the persepctive of someone in 1984.
April 28, 2007
This is another underrated film from the 1980s, especially it being a science fiction film. Tom Selleck is a cop in the near future investigating a murder and robots are malfunctioning. Gene Simmons of KISS fame plays the main villain in this movie. A cool science fiction with with great effects.
July 30, 2014
An underestimated high tech film if its time.