66% The Equalizer Sep 26

The Scarlet Pimpernel Reviews

garyX
garyX

June 12, 2007
A campy adaptation of the classic story of derring do that has some nice period detail, a decent cast and Jane Seymour at her most stunning. Hardly a classic, but reasonably good fun.
Dannielle A

July 14, 2010
A delightful, exciting adventure! :-)
Marion R

January 2, 2008
When I rented this movie it was under the swashbuckling section, I really had no idea what to expect. What I got was a really entertaining film. This film is a mix between Zorro and The Three Musketeers. The sets and costumes were great. Ian McKellen was so evil. This movie was great entertainment.
Kabibi1437od
April 5, 2010
This is one of my favorite movies of all-time! I totally recommend it for any one who wants to have a good time. It's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :-0
rachelpinkrox
November 30, 2007
I saw this movie recently, and it actually is quite good. Much better than I thought it would be. :)
wettka
July 29, 2009
i have watched this so many times...i thought percy was so handsome and rouged when he removes his disguise after rescuing the prince...
magafroggie
July 13, 2008
It was ok, but I'm mad that the awesome book ending was changed. They completely took out the best parts of the whole book!
May 10, 2007
This is a must see classic (not to be confused with the one from the 30s.) I adore his signet ring. (T)
stepupchik
November 19, 2007
i used to watch this all the time in my french class. it is funny! and this year my school did a production of this and it is sooo amazing you would want to watch it over and over again.
moviegirl50
August 9, 2006
Great Period Flick!! Needs some updating in the music department, and the way it was filmed reminded me of a made for TV movie with the pauses for commercials, but other than that it was great! The acting and character played by Anthony Andrews (The Scarlett Pimpernel) was so good and funny-he stole the show! Jane Seymour was young, beautiful and perfect for her role as his true love. This is a must see for "Period Piece" fans! On my "In Another Century" list.
littleone486
August 26, 2007
For an older film, it was very well done. I even learn that story was base for the batman story line. Who would have known?
MovieGuruDude72
June 4, 2007
I really loved this remake. A great cast, which includes a young Ian McKellen, and a drop-dead gorgeous Jane Seymour. A great story and great execution.
May 22, 2007
Beautiful movie, story, cast, designs etc... This movie puts you in the era. The whole film is enchanting!
April 4, 2007
Intrigue, passion and swordfights plus a strong historical plot and subtle wit make this movie a must-see. As soon as it's over I always want to watch it again!
jesspott
February 13, 2007
I love this movie. It is way good, and has historically accurate information. What more could you want????
muppettreasureisland
January 13, 2007
If you've become a fan of Ian McKellen because of his films in our day, check out his early film of his. Jane Seymour gives a wonderful performance and she's gorgeous.
scrltpimpernel
January 7, 2007
Action, romance, intrigue. Great example of all three genres. This is the best version , I think. Anthony Andrews plays the fop AND the man's man believably.
sunajupiter
October 26, 2006
I was charmed with this movie right away as I watched it. Percy is hilarious! Jane Seymour played Marguerite to perfection--a beautiful, but not empty-headed leading lady. The story is gripping and climactic, set during the French Revolution. It was interesting to see a younger Ian McKellan playing the villain (the guy who played Gandalf).
thedancingfiddle
July 7, 2006
Very good but complicated theme. If you like suspence and mystery you will love this movie. This is the ONLY good version of this movie.
January 31, 2014
One of the best versions ever. An all star cast and an excellent storyline from start to finish. definitely one for the collection.