The Three Musketeers (1948)
Average Rating: 6.7/10
Reviews Counted: 7
Fresh: 5 | Rotten: 2
No consensus yet.
Release Date: Oct 20, 1948 Wide
Average Rating: 3.6/5
User Ratings: 2,255
The third talkie version of Dumas' The Three Musketeers, this splashy MGM adaptation is also the first version in Technicolor. Gene Kelly romps his way through the role of D'Artagnan, the upstart cadet who joins veteran Musketeers Athos (Van Heflin), Porthos (Gig Young) and Aramis (Robert Coote) in their efforts to save their beloved Queen Anne (Angela Lansbury) from disgrace. They are aided in their efforts by the lovely and loyal Constance (June Allyson), while the villainy is in the capable
Oct 20, 1948 Wide
Mar 6, 2007
WARNER BROTHERS PICTURES
Watch It Now
Milady Countess DeWi...
Richelieu the Prime ...
Duke of Buckingham
Sol (Saul) Gorss
Frank S. Hagney
Executioner of Lyons
Dragon Rouge Host
Friend of Aramis
William 'Bill' Phill...
Mother of D'Artagnan
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
...enjoyable corn in the 'Classics Illustrated' tradition. You can't believe a minute of it, but neither can you ignore its rollicking bygone Hollywood charms.
Colorful, figuratively and literally, MGM spectacle.
Audience Reviews for The Three Musketeers
- Robert Athos: [to D'Artagnan] My friend, my friend. My young country friend, when will you learn about Paris? By now Richelieu, without the slightest question, knows even the color of your underpants.
- Robert Athos: [preparing to duel D'Artagnan with an injured right arm] You'll find the left hand most confusing.
- D'Artagnan: Well, Athos, in a matter of hours we'll be on the road to Spain with a price on our heads. Will we live to see France again?
- Robert Athos: Will we live to see Spain?
- Robert Athos: To die among friends. Can a man ask more? Can the world offer less? Who wants to live 'till the last bottle is empty? It's all-for one, d'Artagnan, and one for all.
- D'Artagnan: I kissed the Queen's hand!
- Constance Bonacieux: Have you no higher ambitions?
- D'Artagnan: Porthos, when did a wound ever come between you and a fight?
- Porthos: [lying on his stomach] Well, unfortunately the position of this one comes between me and my horse.
Discuss The Three Musketeers on our Movie forum!