Tom Sawyer

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Tom Sawyer Reviews

Jennifer X

June 7, 2007
very faithful to the book, although it skipped some parts.
MarilynsDisciple
October 6, 2007
This is an old one alot of people haven't seen. It stars Johnny Whitaker as Tom, Jodie Foster as Becky, Jeff East(Superman, teenager) as Huck.
nanoqna
January 11, 2007
its only ok, the guy playing tom sawyer is boring. if you ike the book this isnt the bets one to watch.
May 3, 2008
Between a 6/10 and 7/10, the result is a diverting film which will please Twain fans (though not purists) and which, if nothing else, captures the essence of his tale.
September 26, 2012
I really like the 1938 version, the book, and the E-book, and I want to see this one. I am afraid that it might be a bit "modern". Instead of dresses and petticoats, there's short sundresses. Things like that bother me, and I hope they didn't mess up this movie like that.
March 17, 2012
I disliked this movie the book was much much better i want 76 minutes of my life back
January 8, 2012
Excellent movie. Watch it if you like the book.
January 6, 2012
The "Movie Info" here is a mess, it amalgamates two different film versions of this title from the same year (Hal Roach/Universal TV drama, and UA release APJAC/Reader's Digest theatrical musical), crosses up several credits for them, and attributes the UA theatrical musical to Disney. Check IMDb for accurate information on these films!
Ming the Merciless
September 21, 2011
i like this movie. if they had one more musical number it would have ruined it.
Diego Tutweiller
September 16, 2011
Sweet Jesus god almighty, this is one of the worst movies ever made. Not only did it completely ruin the book, but the kid cast as Tom is OUTTA CONTROL! Clearly, someone was high when they made this movie.
July 10, 2011
Seeing that I will be working on a production of Tom Sawyer tomorrow, I decided to watch this (somewhat) musical adaptation which is (somewhat) faithful to the book. Tom Sawyer is played by child star actor Josh Albee, Huck played by Jeff Tyler, and (a surprise to me) Becky Thatcher is played by Jodie Foster (which I believe is her 11th role). The characters who caught my attention were Injun Joe, Judge Thatcher, and (my favorites) Muff Potter and Aunt Polly. To guarantee this to be a classic film, there is a controversy surrounding one scene for "supposedly" containing nude footage. I for one did not see any, but that was probably do to the fact that I watched this on television. Overall, it a fun, enjoyable, family film, that makes me happy to know that once, Hollywood DID in fact shoot on ACTUAL locations, and NOT just in front of a blue screen. Seriously, the atmosphere is beautiful. I give it 3 1/2 dead cats.
jazza923
August 11, 2005
A MUSICAL VERSION OF TOM SAWYER? YES INDEED AND IT DOESN'T WORK VERY WELL. IT IS RATHER DIFFICULT TO RUIN SUCH AN INCREDIBLY GOOD TALE SUCH AS THIS, SO AT LEAST THE STORY ADDS A LITTLE SPARK.