Twister Reviews

366weirdmovies
April 18, 2014
A man seeks to reconnect with his daughter and her alcoholic mother, who rarely leave the family mansion they share with the family patriarch (Harry Dean Stanton) and a weirdo artist brother/uncle (Crispin Glover). With interesting characters portrayed by intriguing actors (there's even a cameo by William S. Burroughs), it's a movie that keeps teasing that it's just about to get really good... then it ends.
October 23, 2011
Typical American blockbuster.
September 6, 2010
Don't get this movie confused with the 90s action adventure about tornado chasers! No, this is a comedy/drama movie about an eccentric family and their problems relating to people outside of their relatives. It's really very interesting, and the actors are good. I like it.
bbcfloridabound
½ May 3, 2009
1/2 star and I am being nice, I mean 93 minutes of sleep would been more of an adventure then this movie was. Yes it was that bad. I am trying to see all of Suzy Amis, at least I was till this point. I have seen some bad movies in my life and at least I found one or two good parts in a bad movie, but good luck trying to find one in this movie. The movie is based on the 1981 Novel OH written by: Mary Robison's, The many reviews I have seen say that this family was trapped together in a house during a tornado, how untrue, a tornado past threw the town but trapped, I think Not. So why the Movie was called twister is beyond me. But confuse this not with the 1996 Movie Twister this is about tornado's. One of the few movies I am glad it was over when it was over even thought it was over when it started. 1/2 star
½ December 6, 2006
I really hated how all the supporting characters had their little quirks which were supposed to make up for the weak story and lame starring cast. And the evil meteorology team.... ooooooh! Who could forget them!?
September 19, 2013
Twister is an odd 80s comedy which surrounds an eccentric family. The humor in this is undeniably cheap, but the execution is surprisingly strong. The family dinner scene has me cracking up. The rest is only funny in the sense of how weird it is, and it's the weirdest comedy I've ever seen. Really random in humor, concepts, ans stpries, but it's not a movie to be completely brushed off

2 stars-
PC79
½ October 27, 2006
I have always been interested in Tornadoes. So I liked this movie. A good one to watch.
August 4, 2010
Wierd. Random. And really nothing to do with tornadoes. Had guy from Back to the Future (Crispin Glover) playing a really out there guy. I wouldn't say this is a must see.
August 7, 2009
Prepare yourself to be blown away. Aside from the tornado itself the natural disaster happening in the middle of America is an oddball family trapped in their farmhouse. The patriarch of the clan is a retired soda pop tycoon currently dating a children's TV evangelist. Also living at the farm is his layabout daughter and her precocious 8-year-old daughter, his would-be artist son, the son's fiancee, and the black maid. Also thrown into the mix is the daughter's ex-husband who is seeking to get back in his ex-wife's good graces.

Based on the Mary Robison novel Oh and directed by Michael Almereyda, Twister features good acting performances from the following cast:
1.) Harry Dean Stanton (Cleveland)
2.) Suzy Amis (Maureen)
3.) Crispin Glover (Howdy)
4.) Dylan McDermott (Chris)
5.) Lindsay Christman (Violet)

While disaster-themed movies often feature tornadoes that destroy property and life, thus leaving behind the lives of everyone who struggle to survive in the aftermath, throughout the action-packed plot, this 1989-released Twister movie only features a sequence in which the tornado devastates the town during the first half. The rest, however, is a madhouse of a family who can't get along over personal issues, yet I understood some meaningful dialogue that was easy for me to hear, and I mustn't turn away from it. The makers of this movie labeled it as a comedy, but I felt more drama than anything else amusing. And as for the film title, its use is so coincidental that many people would easy confuse this with the 1996 film with Helen Hunt in it (which I liked better). It should have been called A Fighting Family In the Middle Of America instead - how about that? At least I can say that my viewing experience wasn't that bad at all, 'cause all I want to see in here is a tornado, and that's it.
½ January 9, 2010
this movie was about the family as a unit, how they inner-twined wth each other. i thought it was a scary one from the title, it was an ok flick.
January 29, 2007
getting tired of this movie, i have seen it almost every year in band, and if not in band, another class
December 16, 2006
AUGH!!!! this movie so totaly blew me away. a little funny funny ha ha HUMOR from me but anyway i loved this movie so much. for some reason i love disaster movies and i have no idea why but they are the thrilling type of movies to me.
August 23, 2006
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 19, 2013

2 stars-
½ April 30, 2011
So, so odd. Crispin Glover is a gem until the dreamlike atmosphere of it all has you so stupefied that you don't really notice him anymore. Harry Dean Stanton has a couple of great lines, but the last half hour of the film (which seemed more like three weeks of being either pleasantly stoned on whip-its or being deeply and terminally depressed) erase them from the viewer's memory. The film's oddness is its appeal, really. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't like it. A YouTube compilation of Glover's scenes would be much more fun, and at least as rewarding. Hans Zimmer's music adds to the strangeness of it all. So odd, this movie. So, so odd.
May 19, 2008
I was drawn to this movie by its supposed style; the blurb I read about it made it seem like a Wes Anderson film (think The Darjeeling Limited or Life Acquatic).

Sadly, this movie was dull. It moved at a snail's pace, void of any climatic points. Although the characters were quirky and weird, they were not really interesting and, by the end of the movie, I didn't care about what happened to any of them.

Obviously, I do not recommended it.
½ May 3, 2008
Wow, I'm impressed that they have just the right word....This movie is so DAMN frustrating. The characters are annoying the premise is ridiculous...Ugh, I wish I wasn't watching TV, cause I could fast forward to the end on a DVD.
Addendum: watched the end on netflix...yah, was a waste...just so you don't waste your time, they get married in the end.