Ulysses - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ulysses Reviews

jjnxn
½ June 19, 2011
Kirk's in great shape but that is all that can be said for this woebegone affair.
November 20, 2011
Bad Movie
February 27, 2007
Read the book. Douglas is very good, as is the rest of the cast, but this tale has too much to say to be confined in one film. A series of TV movies might work with the right script writer.
½ December 2, 2015
Interesting plot and action!
½ April 11, 2015
saw this as a kid.still love it.a young kirk douglas in a early italian spaghetti (western)type mythology movie.a movie with a moral tale.this is very reminiscent too the early sinbad movies.plus this is easier too follow as homer`s The Odyssey is like trying to read the phone book.the drunken cyclops in this movie is what make`s it special.forever remembered by myself as the half hour movie climax.
½ February 14, 2013
I don't know... I kinda liked it!
½ September 1, 2012
"Ulysses" can get quite loud and annoying, but it is still entertaining.
jjnxn
½ June 19, 2011
June 19, 2011
Still by far the best adaptation of the Odyssey more than 50 years after its production.
December 3, 2008
Enjoyable adaptation of the 'odyssey'. Confirms how much of a better actor kirk is over his wannabe son.
½ June 18, 2007
Why did I want to see this film? I guess I hadn't learned my lesson. Okay, it was a little better than films from this time period. The acting was way to "dramatic" for me. Special effects were pretty amazing for this time period. Good acting by Franco Interlenghi, (Ulysses's son).
½ May 21, 2009
Bon péplum, fidèle à l'Odyssée. Le film n'a pas trop vieilli, grâce à un Kirk Douglas très "moderne".
½ April 22, 2009
Ulysses ran out of gas halfway through the movie and it kinda pissed me off because the first part was really fun. And plus it's an italian production so I had to watch it in dubbed english! Simply terrible! A great cast is wasted especially Kirk Douglas as Ulysses.
½ April 6, 2009
It's ok, madly inaccurate though, if you want to watch something of the sort there are many, many better movies available, some of the scenes have nicely done poetic for the actors, but not much else I could find about it sets it apart from the loads of other mediocre Italian Heroes movies made in the same era. If you are looking for a nice Heroes movies from this era go watch Spartacus instead.
½ December 10, 2008
No too bad version with Douglass in the title role. It seems that Italian production values never really were up to par with American films though.
½ January 26, 2008
...How his naked ears were tortured by the Sirens sweetly singing...
February 16, 2008
funny to kirk douglas dubbing himself in english! this early production captures the essence of the epic film genre. yes it can be corny and is wildly inaccurate, but it does well at capturing the hubris of ullysses
February 7, 2008
Now this is what I call casting: Kirk Douglas, Anthony Quinn, and Silvana Mangano twice. If you can't enjoy this movie, you need to reevaluate your standards.
November 13, 2007
Had to watch this for English class. Hilariously bad in the same vein as the old Italian Hercules movies. Making wine for Polyphemus? Don't we have to let the grapes ferment? Oh, wait. No. He's drunk anyway, nevermind. No Scylla and Charybdis? Pah, don't worry. We have this diaper wrestling scene that will make up for it.
½ September 17, 2006
Interesting to see Douglas.