Unfaithfully Yours Reviews

April 14, 2015
Plunges to the depths of disillusionment.....both this movie and the viewer.
April 8, 2006
[size=2]I'm beginning the rather lengthy task of entering into the database every film I have seen, at least those I have a decent memory of. Some may have the briefest of reviews while many will just have a number. Those films that I consider personal favorites and/or those that have some historical signficance I will add later when I have time for more lengthy reviews.

[b]Triumph of the Spirit[/b], directed by Robert M. Young, stars Willem Dafoe as Salamo Arouch, a Jewish boxer imprisoned in Auschwitz during WWII. Arouch is supposed to be exterminated, but is given one chance to live, by boxing. Each bout he wins will prolong his life. Dafoe is in fine form here, but the film is merely average. Notable as the first feature filmed on location at Auschwitz.

[b]Taps[/b], directed by Harold Becker, is a drama about a military school threatened to be demolished by a real estate company. The students decide to arm themselves to fight off any "invaders". Although the story is farfetched, this film is fairly entertaining due to it's strong cast. Veteran actor George C. Scott runs the academy, but the film is most notable for it's young cast which includes Sean Penn, Tom Cruise, and Timothy Hutton.

[b]Tap[/b], directed by Nick Castle Jr., stars Gregory Hines as the convict son of a famous dancer. The plot is thin, but the dancing is great. Also features Sammy Davis Jr., Steve Condos, Jimmy Slyde, and Joe Morton.

[b]Uncommon Valor[/b], directed by Ted Kotcheff, is an action movie about a rescue of POW's. It's terribly cliched and predictable. Stars Gene Hackman, Robert Stack, Patrick Swayze, and Fred Ward.

[b]Unfaithfully Yours[/b] is the rather uninspired remake of the Preston Sturges classic. This version, directed by Howard Zieff, stars Dudley Moore, Natassja Kinski, Armand Assante and Albert Brooks.
[/size]