Class Action - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Class Action Reviews

April 2, 2011
Was this the one that took place on a moving train?
November 25, 2007
Do you remember when Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio was supposed to be the next big thing and then she vanished after Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves? Perhaps we should have seen the future forecast here. A very plain and ordinary movie based on a slightly interesting premise. Blah! Only see this if you are bored.
½ October 20, 2008
Class Action was a typical but good court-room drama, while Die Hard was kinda what I expected. 3-Iron (or Bin-Jip as it is originally titled) was a bit weird, but still watchable.
½ August 17, 2007
Meh, so-so. Back when Mary Elizabeth Mastraantonio was riding her post Robin Hood-The Abyss popularity.
August 2, 2007
Not a bad courtroom film, although the movie practically screamed "early 90's" and "girl power". Still, I agree, it was an emotional drama...slightly compelling.
½ October 10, 2006
This is a really excellent movie about afather and daughter lawyers on the opposite ends of a trial. MEM gives a masterful performance!
May 6, 2006
[size=2]I'm beginning the rather lengthy task of entering into the database every film I have seen, at least those I have a decent memory of. Some may have the briefest of reviews while many will just have a number. Those films that I consider personal favorites and/or those that have some historical signficance I will add later when I have time for more lengthy reviews.

[b]Corrina, Corrina[/b]
Director: Jessie Nelson
Stars: Whoopi Goldberg, Ray Liotta, Joan Cusack, Don Ameche, Tina Majoriino.
Synopsis: Sentimental drama about loss and race relations. Story becomes too sappy.

[b]City of Joy[/b]
Director: Roland Joffe
Stars: Patrick Swayze, Pauline Collins, Om Puri.
Synopsis: An American surgeon tries to find himself in the povery striken city of Calcutta, India. Should have been a much better film.

[b]The Cutting Edge[/b]
Director: Paul Michael Glaser
Stars: D.B. Sweeney and Moira Kelly.
Synopsis: Spoiled Ice Princess and washed up hockey player team up in an attempt to make the Olympics. This romantic comedy is about as cliched and cheesy as it can get.

[b]Class Action[/b]
Director: Michael Apted
Stars: Gene Hackman, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Laurence Fishburne, Colin Friels.
Synopsis: Watchable courtroom drama has a liberal lawyer (Hackman) who's firm has filed a lawsuit against a major auto manufacturer his conservative daughter represents.
[/size]
December 23, 2015
Anchored by captivating performances by Gene Hackman and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Class Action is a gripping and emotion-fueled court drama that never fails with its solid narrative.
April 1, 2015
The interplay of the two lead is interesting but the predictable ending is a downer.
August 28, 2014
Solid courtroom drama. Hackman makes it worth seeing.
October 11, 2010
(First and only viewing - 10/11/2010)
March 31, 2013
so many courtroom thrillers to choose from. i'll see this one when i'm in the mood.
March 3, 2013
As a female viewer, I am not sure if I agree with what this film implied about cheating husbands. And about female lawyers. Still, the film had nice court moments and interesting ideas about corporate accountability.
February 22, 2013
Class Action Is A Class Act
December 7, 2012
Want to see at some point in the future! A treat !
July 18, 2010
"I COULDN'T HOLD HIS FUCKING HAND, OKAY!" - Jedediah Tucker Ward.
September 10, 2012
A decent legal thriller in which underdog but successful lawyer Jedediah Tucker Ward (Hackman) takes on an automobile manufacturing company, Argo, for the deaths and injuries of a number of consumers of their 1985 Meridian model. The case is further complicated when Ward's own daughter, Maggie (Mastrantonio), also a lawyer, is given the case by Argo's attorney's placing an already fractured father-daughter relationship in jeopardy. What makes this particular film stand out is the fact that the case is used as a way to progress the family relationship and the principles of both lawyers involved. The film loses momentum when Hackman isn't on screen despite Mastrantonio giving an fine performance.
February 8, 2012
A good film about 2 lawyers, A father and his daughter who are pitted against each other in the court room.
½ April 15, 2012
Another film that sells itself as a court room drama, but really only covers 50% of the movie. The rest is more of a family movie trying to get through their difficulties. Ok.... but wish they would have concentrated on the court daram more.