Oscar

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Oscar Reviews

Lucas M

May 15, 2011
At least is better that Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot.......
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 23, 2007
pretty entertaining actually
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

April 26, 2007
People tend to run this down, for good reason, but I always found it kind of charming - even if it isn't perfect.
TheGame90
TheGame90

April 4, 2010
Hey...he's the Italian Stallion. The movie started out relly boring...but then the plot started getting complicated...and that was fun...the movie has a couple of fun jokes but it barey qualifies as a comedy...still fun though
thefog1331
thefog1331

June 12, 2007
Probably the most guiltiest of pleasures. Other than the pre-credits scene (which had me worried this was going to suck as bad as 'Stop or My Mom Will Shoot') this stage-like film is consistently funny with likeable characters and a hilariously convoluted plot.
puffchunk
puffchunk

October 25, 2007
Silly early 90'sness.
Lafe F

July 26, 2007
A well-written comedy movie with Sylvester Stallone! It's a fun film.
deano
deano

December 10, 2006
Sylvester Stallone's surprisingly good as the gangster trying to go straight, but despite the odd wonderful laugh, it's ultimately disappointing.
Marcus W

April 5, 2009
Although this film is well written, it feels like it wants to be a musical or a theatrical piece. As a film comedy, every single joke falls flat on it's face in the worst way possible. So much so that you start to wonder if it's actually trying to be unfunny. Can't believe this is from the director of Kentucky Fried Movie and Blues Brothers!
Lord Naseby
Lord Naseby

July 14, 2009
it's not one of my favorite movies but i rather liked it. it doesn't take itself too seriously and that makes it funny. the acting isn't oscar winning (if you'll pardon the pun) but it is still good. yes it's predictable but it's still a funny movie. there is nothing wrong with it.
DrLappos
DrLappos

June 28, 2007
Cheesy......but I watched it. Dont tell anyone pleeeeease! LOL.
iLeo
iLeo

April 12, 2007
Funny!
rodjeckrich
October 30, 2013
Oscar has a nice 30's feel with snappy dialogue and costumes and all of that. Stallone is decent in this comedy and it was nice to see a lot of the supporting cast. I just feel that the movie would have been better if twenty minutes were trimmed. This isn't even the worst from John Landis.
September 21, 2010
The performances of Tim Curry and Marisa Tomei (and, to a lesser extent, Ornella Muti) really bring this lackluster comedy up a notch. It's not terrible, but it's not good and, worse, it's not what it tries to be--a '40s screwball comedy. The tone is all wonky, too.
NuditysShiver
September 3, 2009
Who says Sylvester Stallone can't make a successful comedy film? Oscar, in my opinion, has to be one of Stallone's best films; right alongside Tango & Cash and the Rocky trilogy. This film combines exceptionally witty dialogue with a bright, colorful cast of characters. Each actor brings something to the table making Oscar a group effort. Not many films have the power to do that, forcing most of the actors to fade into the background. John Landis makes a firm statement, showing his sense of humor and providing a hilariously, stylistic film in Oscar.
nodijo
May 12, 2009
For anyone who hasn't seen it Sly did a great job in this comedy-even my grandchildren love it (ages 6, 8 and 10)
ladyivee
June 29, 2008
This is Stallone's greatest movie. I hate Rambo and Rocky and all that crap, but this movie is a gem.
May 22, 2008
A for effort trying his hand at comedy. Execution will have to be around a C+. But I love Marissa Tomei...so make it a B-
March 19, 2008
I saw this in the theatre as a kid and thought it hilarious. I'm not sure if I would still enjoy it, as I hear from a lot of people it was crummy, but I remember liking it.