• Shattered

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Shattered Reviews

Apeneck F

October 21, 2011
Hitchcock inspired tale of amnesia has Berenger trying to piece his memory and his life together after a really bad auto accident ... "and what about that dead body over there, who's that?" Wolfgang Peterson penned and directed this trifle bit of escapism.
Anthony L

October 2, 2009
Typical early nineties thriller. Not every ones cup of tea and far from a brilliant film but for me it?s a guilty pleasure.
deano
deano

February 1, 2007
The intriguing, twisting plot is wildly entertaining if you can overlook the awfulness of Tom Berenger and Greta Scacchi's acting.
SteveStrange
SteveStrange

October 15, 2009
Tom Berenger wakes up from an accident with no memory, a great job and a great wife. Well, almost a great wife. Except for the fact that she wants to kill him.
Chosen 7

January 28, 2008
Good suspense film.
MovieGuruDude72
June 6, 2010
Actually, not a bad movie in its own right. So many of these mid-to-low budget Hollywood side projects (i.e. films starring B-list actors filmed in Milwaukee) don't have the budget for a decent script, director and cast. But this film manages to pull off a decent story without much crappiness. Berenger is not what he seems and director Wolfgang Petersen does an admirable job of keeping the look of the film interesting with his grainy-creepy feeling looking shots. Worth a viewing when it comes up for $1 on Red Box.
beyonderburns
December 7, 2008
Very good film that has a mystery element to it. It may shock you at one point during a point when something is revealed. One of those flicks you might look at the box in the video store and pass off as something stupid but it is good.
filmman05
June 2, 2007
I'm a fan of Wolfgang Petersen. His direction through out this film is some of his best. Keeps the audience's attention. Good Mystery.
November 6, 2013
Berenger and Hoskins do an excellent job in this thriller with the most amazing intricacies. No, you're not even close on guessing the chilling truth, or how it's all going to end...
July 21, 2013
Although some aspects of the plot do require substantial suspension of disbelief, I found this to be gripping from start to finish, throwing as many red herrings as it can at the audience to deter them from its simultaneously excellent and implausible plot twist. Definitely worth watching and probably more than once.
July 4, 2013
I saw many, many years ago and I loved it. I would love to find it on DVD so I could watch it again.
May 13, 2013
I liked it. Sure, it's a bit far fetched, but I never saw the ending coming. It's a fun movie and I'd love to findit in a five dollar bin somewhere.
March 18, 2013
Twisting plot with typical plot cliche like amnesia, plastic surgery, characters coming back from dead, cars driving off cliffs, and about every homage to Hitchcock you can squeeze into one film.
September 29, 2012
Old School Mystery & Suspense... Good Flick!
Dave J
August 30, 2012
Thursday, August 30, 2012

(1991) Shattered
MYSTERY THRILLER

Based on a novel by Richard Neely with a screenplay by Wolfgang Peterson who was also directed the film starts off with a serious car crash accident with both parties surviving with one more serious than the other since the wife fell out of the vehicle while the husband stayed in. And while in hospital, his face has to be recontructed back together and he is Dan played by Tom Berenger, and while recouperating his wife Judith played by Greta Scacchi makes attempts to recount his lost memory regarding the accident since he gotten some amnesia /memory loss. And while at home, he accidently stumbles onto some pictures of his wife having an illicit affair with some stranger unoblivious who the person is and meets former associates to piece a part of his past together which includes Corbin Berstein as Jeb Scott a co-partner of a multi million dollar project and his wife played by Johanne Whalley Kilmer and Bob Hoskins as the P.I. Gus. The erotic scenes are at times distracting which lacks suspense ending the film with a twist that can't be seen a mile away since upon writing this review, this is my second viewing after many years.

3 out of 4
May 23, 2012
If it wasn't for the cast, especially Tom Berenger and Bob Hoskins, it could be bad. They carry the movie very nicely. Plus, the forgotten beauty Greta Scacchi - can't go wrong with her!
January 27, 2011
Hoskins is Funny, and the movie is cool, until you really think about how ridiculous the outcome really it. A fun watch, even though I gave it 2/5