Deceived Reviews

deano
July 24, 2009
This underrated Goldie Hawn thriller is hot stuff. She's the woman with the perfect marriage who uncovers disturbing details about her husband after he dies. All expectations to the contrary, Hawn actually acts here, emitting barely any of her girlish giggles. Though it's never clear why she doesn't just go to the police when things turn nasty, the tension builds nicely throughout, with a superbly tense finale that avoids most of the cliché traps other recent thrillers fall into.
thmtsang
July 14, 2007
Great thriller. Goldie finds out after her husband's funeral that her husband had a double life.
jjnxn
½ March 23, 2008
Goldie goes for a change of pace here and while its not Hitchcock it is an enjoyable thriller with a good lead performance.
xxdebxx
November 10, 2010
A successful, attractive New Yorker Adrienne (Goldie Hawn) meets the man who seems to be Mr. Right (Jack played by John Heard) and their marriage is everything she hoped it would be, until he suddenly and mysteriously dies.

As more evidence starts to arise about Jack's life before and during his marriage to Adrienne, it becomes obvious that he's somehow not the person that she's married to and he may have been involved in criminal activity or having an affair with someone else.

It had great promise but the little twists and turns seems contrived as Goldie Hawn goes about unraveling this complicated mystery of her husband's identity.

Goldie Hawn is always good to watch and I enjoyed John Heard is at his deliciously evil best.
October 29, 2012
Goldie Hawn is really good in this. Some parts are really predictable but it's still a pretty good watch.
June 13, 2010
I guess the big problem I had with this movie is that I have NEVER taken John Heard seriously. He usually plays jerks or a-holes, but this is the first time I've seen him play a villain. I wasn't really impressed with either Heard or Hawn, who has pretty much retired from cinema in the last 5 years. Her daughter Kate Hudson has been running circles around her. Not worth a rental in my opinion.
March 11, 2009
Pathetically predictable...not suspenseful or scary...I only liked the end part with the elevator shaft...ha
½ January 6, 2008
I was surprised at how good this was... Goldie Hawn is an amazing actress and it shows in this film! Brilliant thriller! It's scary that no matter how well you might 'think' you know someone, you may not know them at all... Movies like these make you think twice about trusting someone.
November 7, 2006
Goldie Hawn, in a rare dramatic role, unravels secrets and mystery after her husbands death. Good suspense flick!
This movie was awesome! It totally creeped me out, although I'm sure the fact that I watched it at 10:30 at night with all the lights out...helped. Goldie Hawn did a fantastic job in this movie . . . I like the fact that her character wasn't totally dependent on all these other people to rescue her, she was very self-dependent but without being annoying.
½ April 1, 2015
Goldie's chops just are not up to it.
August 6, 2014
There may be a decent thriller buried somewhere in "Deceived", but I was too numbed by the blandness of it all to notice. It feels more like a Lifetime movie of the week than something people would spend money on in a theater. despite the fact that it starts off strongly and pulls you into the story.

Frankly, however, it's all downhill from there. The direction by British filmmaker Damian Harris is dreamlike but dull to look at, and all of the thriller elements are saved until the final ten minutes. We get a preview of that earlier with the predictable scenes of strangers in the house and windows being propped open, but they're not very effective mainly because we don't know at that point that the John Heard character is still alive.

And speaking of Heard, he's completely ineffectual; as a villain mostly because there's nothing all that menacing about an art dealer trying to retrieve a valuable necklace. Still, the largest chunk of the blame for the film's rampant mediocrity goes to star Goldie Hawn. I can understand her wanting to branch out from her kooky comedies and that her character is supposed to be traumatized by these events, but that's no excuse for her to sleepwalk through her performance here. And when she does finally show some backbone at the end, it's clearly too late to save the film.

"Deceived" isn't so much a bad film as it is simply a routine and forgettable one. There's little here to sustain your interest throughout the entire running time.
½ June 16, 2014
Seeing Goldie Hawn in a thriller is terrifying enough anyway
January 28, 2013
Dark, suspenseful film with some twists and turns that can certainly keep you guessing. Above average thrills and chills.
½ May 6, 2011
Muito bom poder rever Goldie Hawn em seus áureos tempos...
½ April 24, 2011
Hummmm... Who is Goldie Hawn's husband in Deceived? She thought she knew who she married, but, he has a dark past loaded with secrets. After his death, the whole story starts to unwind. A good suspense movie with a few surprises and twists. Well worth watching this movie.
March 16, 2011
Very predictable! I like John Heard....an okay movie.
June 25, 2010
An average thriller plot with a few neat twists and a likeable lead in the form of Goldie Hawn and a good ending make this a watchable if a bit forgettable thriller.
½ August 2, 2008
the true thrill comes at the very end of the film. the hole movie is mystery and, well, kinda boring. thats all to the movie.
½ September 12, 2006
6.5/10. This doesn't appear to be a very high rated film, but I liked it a lot. It was suspenseful, filled with all sorts of twists. Goldie Hawn's performance was panned, but I found her very effective. There are indeed numerous plot aspects that make no sense, but it moves along so fast, it doesn't seem to matter.