Movies Like The Secret Garden

The Secret Garden Reviews

MeetMeinMontauk
MeetMeinMontauk

January 23, 2010
This was not exactly my favorite adaptation of this story, but it was okay. IF I remember correctly, it was filmed like a play.
January 21, 2011
I remember watching this as a little girl but never was able to find this version again. Thank you, Flixster for reuniting us again. lol
rachelpinkrox
November 20, 2007
I've seen this movie, and it's cool & good, my family has a version like this, and I like it. It's cool.
distelhurst
July 9, 2007
Pretty good for a made for t.v. movie, but Mary is played by an American, they change the cause of her parents' deaths, and she is not nearly as unlikable to start with. Plus, Mary was a blond, and this actress is not.
May 29, 2007
My favorite book as a kid, I occasionally re-read it. This movie came pretty close to being as good as the book.
Emma2704
May 25, 2007
I love the soundtrack to this movie! I mean, the movie itself is good, but it's the music that makes me love it.
tiasweetpea12
April 18, 2007
I love these movie I have read the book twice first when I was in 3rd grade and again last year. It is soo sweet
March 6, 2007
This movie is awesome. I totally recommend it. It has a so-so ending, kinda sad and kinda nice at the same time :)
arpruitt78
February 5, 2007
I like this version so much better than the remake. I hated that there was a different ending in the remake!
zeiko18
January 31, 2007
The end of this film seems to imply that Mary hooks up with her cousin. I know the grown-up cousin is Colin Firth, but that's still ishy.
Jenniefinchfan2013
January 23, 2007
This movie is great! our school is doing the play. it's gonna be awsome! i highly recommend it! it's kinda of long but it's worth seeing!
JRTfan
December 23, 2006
The best version of this often filmed story. Very hard to find. But the hunt is worth it. The child actors deliver. Gennie James is utterly convincing. Barret Oliver delivers a ghostly performance of a young man preternaturally aware of his own mortality. The character Colin is the pragmatic voice of an all-too-grown-up young man. A Hallmark Hall of Fame production. Find it, watch it, and share it with your children.
April 12, 2006
I just don't think I like anything about the Secret Garden. Who cares if you keep a garden secret? Oh no, someone might pull the daisies!
September 16, 2013
Less-than-brilliant script. The children aren't the best actors, but it still captures the heart of the story, due to being made with good intention.
starlett2005
August 12, 2006
This 1987 versioin of [i]Secret Garden [/i]is mixed bag: on one hand the locations are beautiful, on the other production values and acting ranges from great to awful! Best performances are given by Derek Jacobi and Gennie James. Gennie comes off as 1980s versioin of Margaret O'Brien taking to role of Mary Lennox with O'Brien-like skill. Good could've been better.