Wildflower Reviews

LWOODS04
½ March 18, 2012
Cast: Beau Bridges, Reese Witherspoon, Patricia Arquette, Susan Blakely, William McNamara, Norman Max Maxwell, Collin Wilcox Paxton, Richard K. Olsen

Director: Diane Keaton

Summary: Diane Keaton directs this touching drama about a brother and a sister who befriend Alice, an epileptic forced to live in a barn, and decide to help her discover a kinder, more forgiving world.

My Thoughts: "A sweet, touching, and sometimes harsh film. The way Alice is living and being treated is awful and some of the things her "father" does to her is hard to watch. Patricia Arquette does a fantastic job bringing Alice to life. Watching how everything was brand new for Alice was a joy. Makes you miss the innocence of childhood. Reese Witherspoon shows off her great talent at a young age which shows why she's so great today. The movie is set in the 30's and won't be to everyones style, but I enjoyed it. I didn't even know Diane Keaton had directed a film, so this was a nice surprise. I think she did well. It wasn't great though. I didn't care for the opening scene and how a scene would abruptly stop and change. Besides that, it was a good job on her part. It's a great cast with a great story about how a kind gesture can improve and change a persons life. See it if you get the chance."
½ November 9, 2006
Very sweet and touching. Love the cast, but not the acting. It wasn't horrible, but it was a bit too dramatic.
May 30, 2009
My all-time-fav movie, the caring and friendship offered by two decent and compassionate sibling teenagers transforms a severely abused and neglected hearing-impaired girl into a beautiful young woman.
November 9, 2007
this one has always been one of my favs, its very much a drama, very touching, its an all around great movie, normally i hate dramas but this one is definatley worth owning!
March 20, 2007
Not only is it my favorite movie, it was also written and screenwrited by my grandmother Sara Flanigan (R.I.P Granny), who also done "Sudie and Simpson" starring Lou Gossett Jr. and Sara Gilbert that was also made for Lifetime movies.