Poison Ivy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Poison Ivy Reviews

September 6, 2010
This is like a modern version of Lolita. Barrymore does a fantastic job of being the erotic femme fatale. I really loved this movie, it's thrilling and romantic at the same time. I highly recommend it.
January 29, 2008
Not really that great.
July 21, 2009
Poison Ivy is a good teenage drama movie, starring Sara Gilbert and Drew Barrymore, who both give great performances here. Barrymore plays Ivy a young and wild teen, who lives with her aunt. When she ends up moving in with her friend, Sylvie played by Gilbert, Ivy slowly and seductively works her way into the lives of her 'new' family. The movie has some weird moments, but most of the time it's good and keeps you interested in the plot and the characters.
½ December 22, 2008
retarded, disgusting,and gross. SPARE YOURSELF FROM THIS MOVIE
February 12, 2007
Drew Barrymore makes a heck of an impact in a very adult role as Ivy, a sleazy teen who is taken in by a wealthy family.
October 4, 2007
Basic movie about a girl who seduces and lies. It's ok but a pretty plain movie with characters that little to no morals.
August 5, 2007
It was really provacative(sp?), but I liked it.
July 14, 2007
Drew is really tashy in this one, about a girl who seduces a married man.
May 31, 2007
Trashy teen "erotic" thriller in which Lolita-esque Drew Barrymore insinuates herself into a family home by seducing man of the house Tom Skerritt. Unconvincing, cheap and tawdry.
December 12, 2006
It was alright.
½ June 15, 2014
Drew Barrymore stars in the erotic thriller Poison Ivy. The story follows a high school vixen named Ivy who befriends a social outcast named Sylvie; but the friendship turns dark and disturbed as Ivy inserts herself into Sylvie's family. Barrymore gives a strong performance that carries the seductive and sinister nature of the character. And, she has good chemistry with co-star Sara Gilbert; the two have a compelling relationship that enhances an otherwise mediocre script. Despite some of its more provocative parts, Poison Ivy is a tragic tale about the need to belong.
½ January 5, 2012
It's OK, not great or horrible. It's nice to see Drew playing a femme fatale for a change. The plot is predictable, script was not inventive, the only thing worth seeing was Drew's performance.
December 25, 2007
While definitely trashy, not as much as I was hoping. Sara Gilbert is awesome, though.
May 6, 2008
I watched this movie an extremely long time ago, back when I was very, very young. With that said, I obviously can't remember much about it other than Drew Barrymore was in it and it had a lot of sexual tension for a movie. Basing my review solely on these two things, I give it a thumbs up
½ March 10, 2008
all right movie had me wishing they wouldve thought twice about casting sara gilbert in the lead, she is such a boring actress, her hey day was on roseanne
December 23, 2007
April 19, 2007
I've seen this movie a few times in parts. Never sat through the whole thing. It wasn't very exciting. Drew's Character is very wicked and deceiving.
½ March 24, 2008
This movie started it all for me. Drew was smokin' hot, played a good bad girl, and even wore a sweet pair of boots. Sara Gilbert was solid as Ivy's best friend. This movie also stars my childhood crush, Cheryl Ladd. What ruins it for me is naked Tom Skerrit. No need to show "old man ass!"
March 16, 2008
Poison Ivy is a beautifully filmed, atmospheric tale of teenage angst and the meltdown of a wealthy American family. It centers the seductive, manipulative teenager Ivy (played by Drew Barrymore), who wreaks havoc on her newly found wealthy, but dysfunctional family, which she basically bought her way into through her new friend the introverted Sylvie Cooper (played by Sara Gilbert). As Ivy slowly works her way into the disrupted family, she seduces Cooper's farther (played by Tom Skerritt) and goes as far as killing Cooper's ill mother, (played by Cheryl Ladd) and attempts to replace her. Eventually, as the film progresses, a duel between Cooper and Ivy ensures as it becomes clear Ivy has some deep psychological problems.
February 26, 2008
This movie is so great and twisted. Drew Barrymore was perfect in the role. I don't care for the sequals but the original rocked.