• Singles

October 20, 2013
Good movie.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
I caught this on TV one day a long time ago, I thought it was pretty boring. I only watched it for the cameo from Tim Burton, which was cool, but the rest of the movie wasn't anything special. Overall, it's okay.
Jens S

July 2, 2006
The story of a circle of friends in Seattle during the grunge era of the early 90s and their adventures with dating, work and friendship. Sure, the look is somewhat dated and one has to wonder how people ever thought such clothes looked good on them. The soundtrack, on the other hand, is still one of the finest ever, with timeless bands like Pearl Jam, Alice in chains and Soundgarden appearing in guest roles in this film that grasps the feeling of that time so perfectly while saying a lot of timeless truths about the relationships between men and women. The acting is great, the dialoges funny and true, the characters real and likable. Cameron Crowe soon after directed in a higher league but already showed his talent here. A movie like a comfortable old blanket you still love after all these years.
Nicki M

October 20, 2009
Love this movie, so funny and could really relate to it when I first saw it. Not sure if a younger person watching it now would like it as much. Maybe one for GenX.
Beefy
Beefy

May 13, 2007
Worth it for a great soundtrack and a terrific performance by Campbell Scott.
garyX
garyX

March 10, 2007
Yet another example of Cameron Crowe's penchant for putting the soundtrack above any depth or intelligent storytelling. Alright, but forgettable (much like all his others...)
Michael G

December 31, 2006
Every once in a while a movie soundtrack comes along that's considerably better than its movie. This is one of those movies.
burgerstar
burgerstar

August 26, 2010
My ultimate movie.
Mike T

July 13, 2008
I was expecting this to be something I loved... it isn't. The whole film feels undernurtured, uninspired and dragged out. There are no interesting characters to latch onto and the comedy falls flat more often than not.
Angela A

November 8, 2008
Finally saw this movie after years of loving the soundtrack. It's a cute story of twenty to thirty somethings dating or avoiding dating. Some of it's cliche, some of it is just funny. Looking at the clothes and props is EXCELLENT, since it's the perfect example of that period where the eighties was morphing in to the grunge scene.
Marcus W

June 7, 2008
Welcome to Seattle 1991 where everyone wanted to be the next Kurt Cobain. Sadly the setting is completely irrelevant to the film and seems to be there merely to try and capture a zeitgeist. And so here we have another Cameron Crowe plotless character piece about a bunch of people without character who fall in love, fall out of love, say how great it is to be single and say how great it is to be in love. The films only saving grace is a 45 second cameo from the amazing Tim Burton who for 45 seconds makes this film great even though he only says one word. Otherwise, it's nearly as bad as Vanilla Sky
poohtiger
poohtiger

December 21, 2006
A pretty good romantic comedy set in Seattle with lots of good actors. You've got Bridget Fonda (who pretty much owns the movie every time she appears), Matt Dillion, Kyra Sedwick, Campbell Scott, Bill Pullman, Eric Stoltz and Jeremy Piven. A great rocking soundtrack plus hilarious situations involving the dating scene in the 90's equals an enjoyable movie. Directed by Cameron Crowe so you know it's going to be good.

Cliff: "Look, Janet you know I see other people still. You do know that don't you?"
Janet: "You don't fool me."
Cliff: "Janet, I could not be fooling you less".
Lee K

June 26, 2008
This had matt dillon in another cool role (see my review on rumble fish) another melrose place type story with a cool cast living under neath the same roof.
Christopher B

March 28, 2008
Everyone loved this film, so it can't be that bad? I suspect a conspiracy.
iLeo
iLeo

February 3, 2007
This is one of my all-time favorite movies! Love the soundtrack especially. Great storyline, and character relationships are a plus.

Fantastic!
bkco1213
September 24, 2012
10/17/08 - Singles was a pretty disjoint movie that was not put together very well. It was a pretty big disappointment coming from Cameron Crowe. It did have good music (as expected) and a cool Pearl Jam cameo.
August 6, 2011
Saw part of it...loved Seattle, loved the still-applicability of the age demographic. The time period is hilarious though.
MOVIEFAN55
April 18, 2011
The movie is ok...but I mainly recommend it to all those Pearl Jam fans out there who want to get a glimpse of the band.
NuditysShiver
August 30, 2009
Another Cameron Crowe gem, this time in alternative/grunge era Singles. This story centers around a group of people living in the same apartment complex in Seattle. On the height of the grunge movement, it showcases even a live performance of the late Layne Staley of Alice In Chains. Everyone, save for Clint (Matt Dillon), didn't look the part for the film. I found Clint to also be the only convincing character here. On top of his fellow bandmates of his band Citizen Dick that are in grunge heavyweights Pearl Jam. Singles deals in love, breakup, work ethics and the thriving music scene of the early 90's. It's a Cameron Crowe film, there had to be music preferences here. Even Chris Cornell, lead singer of late Soundgarden, makes a brief cameo here. Besides a couple of out of place characters, Singles is a great watch.
April 22, 2009
romantic comedy starring Kyra Sedgwick, Campbell Scott, Bridget Fonda and Matt Dillon. written and directed by Cameron Crowe.

the film follows a group of single twenty-somethings that live in an apartment complex in Seattle, Washington.

well-written, great cast and a kickass soundtrack. plus, cameos by Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell and Tim Burton! ♥