90% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Boiling Point Reviews

Conner R

December 18, 2010
It's a fun movie and has some pretty cool moments including the Principal from Breakfast Club getting shotgunned in the face and run over twice by a deranged Viggo Mortensen. However, this really suffers from not knowing who their main character is. Wesley Snipes is definitely marketed as the good guy action hero, but it's almost as if there is just as much time spent humanizing Dennis Hopper. It just makes the movie feel uneven when it could have been a really straightforward action extravaganza.
Red L

March 4, 2009
A unremarkable movie. Cops bend the rules a bit to catch the bad guy.
deano
deano

February 21, 2007
Average action of Wesley Snipes I ever watched.
garyX
garyX

February 28, 2007
Utterly run-of-the-mill action/crime drama that's very low on ideas or invention of any kind. Completely forgettable.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 22, 2007
good old school snipes
topologist
November 21, 2009
I wouldn't put this flick on the same level as Passenger but it's a good film. I find it very entertaining.
mcwmichelle
November 16, 2009
Maybe I would have given a better rating if 1. you would have "told" us that it was in a different language. 2. Given us the option of choosing to watch a foreign film.
thescunk
March 10, 2008
Pretty good crime drama about a drug dealer/hustler who kills an undercover cop. Dennis Hopper is a great actor. A young Vigo Mortensen is also in the movie.
wizardoftacoma
January 2, 2007
Treasury agent [Wesley Snipes] and mobster [Dennis Hopper] Even a fine cast and a good performances from Wesley Snipes can't do much to breathe life into this thin gangster piece.
July 18, 2014
I really enjoyed this one. It was really not well-received at the time of it's release, and it seems to continued to get fairly negative reviews to this day. I think the problem is that this film is sold as an action film, and that's just not what it is. It's an adaptation of a Gerald Petievich novel (he also wrote "To Live and Die in L.A."), and it plays like an adaptation of a sleazy, bloody crime procedural. There's no "action" in it per se, but I don't think it needs action sequences to sell it's story. It's magnificent ensemble cast includes Viggo Mortensen, Seymour Cassel, Tony Lo Bianco, Paul Gleason, Tobin Bell and Dan Hedaya.
Matt H.
March 8, 2014
Boiling Point is a movie that I got for free on a giveaway shelf. There's a reason it was on that shelf.

It has less action than any other Wesley Snipes movie I've ever seen. A documentary about real boiling points would've had more thrills than this wannabe actioner. Almost nothing about this movie made me want more. Wesley Snipes put on an okay performance, but nothing more than marginal. Dennis Hopper acted weird the whole movie with over-exaggerated hand movements that made his character very off-putting. Except for a few killings, there was literally no action in this movie. The story could've been interesting, but instead it moves slow and lags at many places. The cinematography was nothing interesting, no better than any other average movie. And the script was dull and didn't move the story at all. Overall, this movie was well beyond average, not Snipes best at all. Even The Art of War (and we all want to forget he was in that) wasn't as bad as this movie. This movie has already found its way to giveaway shelves and $.99 bins all over the country. Take that as a warning.
July 11, 2013
This film is a real let down.
December 6, 2012
The movie instead of being in the category of action should have been just mystery, you people just can't wait to criticize a film that possess deserving performers
May 12, 2012
Snipes is a pretty boring actor and he walks through his few scenes playing a fairly uninteresting role that seems almost cut in from another film. Hopper and Mortensen on the other hand have a wonderful time as happy-go-lucky criminals who joyfully peruse their victims and cause general mayhem. The two elements are horribly at odds and so disparate and removed from each other you almost wish the two elements were cut into different films as Hopper's scenes are the more developed and fun to watch.
moviebuff18cab
September 15, 2005
BOILING POINT (1993)
kingofthecorn
July 8, 2010
(**): Thumbs Down

I liked the performances of Hopper and Mortenson but they can't save the movie because the story is rather trite.
Brandon Ruch
February 10, 2010
The film has a cast that you can usually enjoy. Unfortunately, This isn't one of there films for it's slow and doesn't have anything exciting to offer.
jazza923
January 29, 2006
Unpleasant characters + unpleasant plot = unpleasant film. Bland, uninvolving and slow moving. The cast is good, and do fine in their roles, but it is hard to care about any of their characters. I couldn't think of a sadder ending, two of the main characters end up living in New Jersey!
megladon8
November 14, 2003
Just an average cop thriller. Not too many thrills, not much action, no plot twists, just a straight-forward get-the-bad-guy cop flick.
Viggo Mortensen was one evil mutha in that movie.