Fatal Instinct - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fatal Instinct Reviews

½ May 31, 2013
Having seen 3 or 4 crime drama spoofs in the last coupla weeks let me tell you that it ain't as easy to do as it looks (and yet the pickings so very, very juicy) but Reiner fares well here with both his cast and the Naked Gun style of storytelling, a goulash of goofings garnered and got from 3 or 4 crime dramas like Body Heat and Fatal Attraction, and there are smiles to be had if not outright laffs. A sorely misjudged work.
September 6, 2010
This outrageous spoof movie is a little too much for it's own good most of the time, so it's not as funny as it could be. Overall, it's okay, though, it's entertaining enough for the most part.
ScoopOnline
December 15, 2009
Sex, murder and revenge were never this funny. I must say not one of the best spoof but not bad. It has alot of LOL moments.
TheGame90
April 7, 2009
I didn't see the whole movie....but it was fun
deano
April 14, 2007
Good hit-and-miss spoofs from the following late 1980s thriller movies. This goofy movie makes me laugh.
xxdebxx
August 20, 2009
"Fatal Instinct" is another very funny spoof that pokes fun at many thrillers including yeah you guessed it, "Basic Instinct" and "Fatal Attraction". Armand Assante was surprisingly good in this comedy and plays Ned Ravine, a cop and a lawyer. He has only lost one case--Max Shady and, now that he is about to be released, he wants revenge. He is also so dense that he doesn't realize his unfaithful wife Lana (Kate Nelligan) is cheating on him with Frank, the mechanic. While this is happening a blonde femme fatale (Sean Young) will stop at nothing to ruin his marriage. Sherilyn Fenn plays his attractive and loyal secretary....

Entertaining enough comedy along the lines of "Airplane" and "Naked Gun" with enough sexual innuendos and overt sexuality that had me laughing thru out.
June 2, 2008
Ok spoof of films like Basic Instinct,Sleeping with the Enemy,fatal attraction and other "steamy thrillers".A cop/attorney gets seduced by a sexy bitch behind his wifes back but what he doesn't know is that his wife wants him dead,then take his money and move away with the car mechanic she's been having an affair with.Plus there's his secertary,Laura,who's madly in love with him but is haunted by her past of being in a violent marriage to a mentalist.There's some pretty good gags here and there and Sherilyn Fenn is still fit,(although not as sexy as Audrey Horne,obviously,who is?)but this will never compare with The Naked Gun series or the Airplane films.
May 24, 2016
Every person who cares 1 shit for real live comedy rates this movie 100 out of 100.
If you care 1% about comedy you should memorize this movie. Watch it with just the sound. Just the sound with your eyes closed will make you laugh till you choke.
19%????????????????????? should be 100% !!
The most bullshit score on this site is 19% on this masterpiece.
January 30, 2012
A classic Carl Reiner parody of film noir. All the actors are great and if you like wacky films like Airplane!, The Naked Gun, or Loaded Weapon 1, you'll probably enjoy this one as well.
½ August 12, 2011
Naked Gun-style spoof of erotic thrillers and noir movies. Most of the jokes are throw-aways but there's enough material to make it entertaining if you enjoy said genres. Plus, it has Sherilyn Fenn in it!
November 8, 2009
This movie is really, really terrible...but I've seen it too many times to give it a lower score. And I'd watch it again if it was on cable right now. It's sad, really.
June 6, 2008
this movie is amazing can't get enough of the slapsticks. I got it for 1 dollar on vhs because I remember seeing it on comedy central a long time ago.

After watching the DVD version and the many deleted scenes the movie is still hilarious. It has many jokes and there is always something going on. I think it is a great spoof film. It is fast paced,humorous, creative and well acted.
½ October 5, 2008
Pretty good spoof movie. You have to know what the spoofs are to really enjoy this, but it's fun anyway. Detective/Attorney Assante manages to go through life in a clueless fashion. Luckily, his secretary has her eye on him.
July 20, 2008
It seemed to me that this movie tried too hard for some of the laughs, making the moments a lot less funny. It had a few good moments, but overall, it fell well below most of the other spoof-comedies I've seen.
July 13, 2008
An altogether funny movie but the good laughs are too far apart. The good laughs are also the ones that are the goofiest, so I doubt most people would be laughing with me.
January 16, 2008
Defense lawyer by day, police detective by night, all-around man of action Ned Ravine (Assante) stumbles his way through a tangled web of lust, revenge, murder, and rampant madness when three different femme fatales (Fenn, Nelligan, and Young) sets their sights on him for three different reasons.

"Fatal Instinct" is a broadbased spoof that pokes fun at just about every famous crime drama and film noir movie from 1942 through 1990. If you love the film noir/sexual thriller/crime thriller drama, and you have a sense of humor aboutr the movies you like, you'll be chuckling and/or howling with laughter throughout the 90 minutes of this film. "Cape Fear", "Basic Instinct", "Fatal Attraction" are the most obvious targets in the film, but many other films are spoofed, both through outright mockery by way of scenes duplicated and twisted around and through more subtle means as well.

The shining star of the film is Armand Assante, who I've never associated with comedy, but who is an absolute scream in this film. The way he delivers the most rediculous lines in a straight, 1940s melodramatic leading man fasion is what makes this movie as funny as it is. (And then there's the fact that he's not afraid of looking absolutely rediculous, such as he does in the scene where he dances around in red high-heeled shoes with his trousers rolled up to his knees.)

If you enjoy rediculous comedies like "The Naked Gun" and "Scary Movie", and if you like classic crime dramas, you should seek out "Fatal Instinct."

Fatal Instinct
Starring: Armand Assante, Sherilyn Fenn, Kate Nelligan, Sean Young, and James Remar
Director: Rob Reiner
November 8, 2007
Do you like spoof movies? If the answer is yes than you will laugh all the way through this one. The plot is stupid and it doesn't care. This movie has 20 jokes a minute, and maybe only 3 of them are actually funny, but that still means you laugh all the way through. This movie great fun to watch.
October 15, 2007
A pretty bad movie but a bad one that makes me laugh nonetheless..it's 12 year old 'potty humor" but we all need that every once in a while.
July 21, 2007
Completely silly, but worth watching to see hard-assed Armand Assante play a Leslie Nielsen-esque role.