—— Hercules Jul 25

The Three Musketeers Reviews

thmtsang
thmtsang

April 24, 2009
Comedy version of the three musketeers. Good cast.
KJ P

October 1, 2010
At times, feeling like a spoof of the whole idea, while also paying a very enjoyable tribute to the charatcters and what is supposed to happen to them. Of course it changes many plot lines from the original stories, some for good and some that fall apart, but it is a very fun movie from start to finish. As young D'Artagnan is on a mission to become a musketeer, he becomes faithful to his musketeer friends and fights along side them throughout the film. It may not have the heart, or genius cheesiness that the 1948 version had, but it wasn't really a masterpiece to begin with. These films are really just popcorn entertainment, and that is why I enjoyed this film. The acting is funny, the story is decently told, action is much improved, but the dialogue still remains cheesy. If you haven't been a fan of the original tales, books, or plays, then you definitely will not find yourself impressed by this picture, but I however am, and I had a lot of fun.
Conner R

November 25, 2010
One of the staples of my childhood, this movie is still really awesome though. Sure it's a little corny and it makes no sense that everyone has either American accents or outrageous French ones, but it doesn't matter when you have such a dynamite plot, visuals and characters. Chris O'Donnell is overly earnest as D'Artagnan, but that's kind've why it's such a charming character. Kiefer Sutherland, OLiver Platt and Charlie Sheen are extremely bizarre in their roles, but I really don't see it being anything else. Where the movie truly excels is with it's diabolical villains. Tim Curry is too openly evil and perverted as the Cardinal and proves to be one of the most entertaining onscreen villains. Michael Wincott equally personifies evil as Roachfort, but he's just really flat out cool. To top everything off, this has one of the greatest theme songs known to mankind. "All for Love", performed by Sting, Rod Stewart and Brian Adams is a ballad for the centuries.
ScoopOnline
ScoopOnline

December 10, 2009
This is really funny Movie. I think it should be a spoof of The Three Musketeers? A lot of LOL s and Stupidity in the early Charlie Sheen Movies as I m used to
TomBowler
TomBowler

August 1, 2009
this film adaptation of one of the most famous swashbuckling books ever, whilst being a fun film, isn't quite up to the standards it could have reached. oliver platt is brilliant though
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

April 26, 2009
I thought this was a good flick
magnum32004
magnum32004

October 9, 2006
Though there are certain dark moments that make it a litte less Disney, it's still delivers swashbuckling fun from start to finish.
puffchunk
puffchunk

September 24, 2007
totally sucks.
Lady D

August 3, 2006
Entertaining and comical, a good watch, with I think Oliver Platt being the most likeable in this
jjnxn
jjnxn

July 15, 2007
really just young swords but enjoyable and action filled, rebecca de mornay is fun as milady de winter
Dean !

May 31, 2007
Seen this on TV a couple of times, all star cast and probably the best version of the story I have seen.
garyX
garyX

May 4, 2007
A fossil from a time in the late 80s when studios thought it would be a brilliant idea to put the so-called bratpack in absolutely EVERYTHING, but they'd definitely passed their sell by date when this was made. Basically, this is just Young Guns with swords...anachronistic, camp and stupid.
Al S

February 15, 2007
Pure enjoyment. A marvelous crowd pleaser. You'll love it and want to see it again and again. A hilarioulsly funny and endlessly wild, action-packed adventure. Lots of exhilerating fun. The cast is fantastic. Great performances all around. A tremendous rollar-coaster ride filled with action, humor and heart. A wonderfful classic.
Jason S

December 28, 2006
A good disney version of the story.
deano
deano

November 26, 2006
This is one of my favourite 'Three Musketeers' movies as well as Sheen, Sutherland, Platt and O'Donnell are amazing as the swordsmen and allies in this Disney's action-adventure.
kpn666
kpn666

July 20, 2006
Much Better than wat people give credit for - one of the best modern updates of a classic story. One of Keifer's good movies.
neumdaddy
neumdaddy

August 19, 2004
Why do we remember what we remember? It's so strange how it works, this mind. Sure, it's easy to soak things in when you're dropped in an entirely new environment. Such as a vacation. Or the first few days you move somewhere new. Longer lasting memories come without difficulty that way. But then we all saddle ourselves with routines that trot us through each day of life's tiresome conventions. Which is why the standout beaches of time like our vacations usually stay with us longer than our other, less splash-worthy days. We don't carry memories of every day we work, for example, but only a few. Many of which are throwaway details of some humdrum sub-task we finished or writing forgettable notes to ourselves or something similarly uninteresting. But why do we keep these memories and not other throwaway details? Why do we save the memories we save during such pedestrian days? ...Why do fools fall in lava?

So I made a memory the other day! All by myself! I was circumventing this mysterious FedEx building in town, drawing so near I could pretend like I was smelling it. You can always count on Mapquest for locating unknown buildings. *hock!* They were package-sitting my mail for me. These are all just the throwaway details, right? Well, I found the bloody place, picked up my package, and I literally hopped on the familiar highway back home (I did a little rump-jump in my seat as I entered the on-ramp).

[size=1]Sidenote: have you ever suddenly realized that you like something? I don't know why I never thought about it before, but I like getting mail (bills excluded with extreme prejudice). Not sure how I summoned up the cognitive energy to finally have this dawn on me. A fluke of the mind. Mail...it's like a mini-Christmas of words and pictures. Ah, to tear through the envelope to find the message destined for me and only me. It's a silly sense of ownership I guess. Or you can get a box full of goodies (or goody, depending on how nice you've been to the Mailman this year. Always watching). I don't get much mail, but I do like getting it. In fact, I'm too lazy to create mail of my own, but I am an expert at receiving it. Kinduva normal thing, liking mail. As if I finally discovered that, at long last, I love tying shoes. But realizing for the first time that you have a particular affection for something, even a slight one, is pretty cool. *kills sidenote*[/size]

So anyways, as I'm driving down the highway, I had a strange awareness of things. In those very moments, with the radio channels dueling between Mozart and AC/DC, I felt my mind was "imprintable," like a memory was ready to entrench itself in one of those gnarly folds of my brain. I guess the sky had the right color and texture for me to know that this memory was going to stay. Sometimes you just know it. However, I couldn't help but wonder, while knowing this moment would be remembered, why it [i]was[/i] this moment that would be remembered, and not 10 minutes prior or 10 minutes thereafter (neither of which I can really describe for you now). The sun was cooling in the great bathtub beyond the peninsula hills, so the clouds were sponging up the delicious dying colors, like some hanging memory of the sun's light that day. This very image of looking through my windshield, this memory, was littered with power lines, unremarkable towers and highways, all blocking the great image of light and sky and fog beyond it. It would have been neat to reach out into my plain of vision and pull away the highways and all the other messy man-made props, like distracting ivy growing from a windowsill. To be able to decide exactly what I see, and do something about it. But I knew that these power lines and towers and highways were supposed to be apart of the of this memory. And I was OK with that. Even if I'm not completely certain what it means, I'm glad I remember it clearly.

PS.- Sergio Leone is a master. On a Neumthorian scale.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

March 23, 2011
The story in set in medieval France which is at the brink of war with England. The royal family (Hugh O'Conor and Gabrielle Anwar) choose to deal with the matter cautiously with the realization that the insidious Cardinal Richelieu (Tim Curry) is conspiring to take over the throne. It takes three musketeers - Aramis (Charlie Sheen), Athos (Kiefer Sutherland), Pathos (Oliver Platt) and a young wannabe (Chris O'Donnell) to save the day when things get out of hand on the castle grounds.

With Oliver playing the wise cracking Porthos the pirate to perfection, Charlie Sheen playing the god fearing Aramis with ease, Chris O'Donnell playing the youngest musketeer D'Artagnan with a subtle charm and Kiefer Sutherland playing the brooding, melancholy musketeer leader Athos with undying depression, you can't miss this movie that has everything from swordfights, adventure, romance, hot guys, bad guys (and a bad girl!).
Nicolas K

December 1, 2007
Oliver Platt is very funny in an otherwise mediocre film.
Remi L