—— The Identical Sep 05

Bad Girls Reviews

LWOODS04
LWOODS04

July 20, 2009
"Bad Girls wasn't exactly bad enough for me. I was expecting some bad-ass chicks stealing and causing chaos in some small towns. I guess they did a small amount of that, but not enough for my tastes. I'm not a big fan of Westerns in the first place. But even with the so and so plot and it being a Western, I still enjoyed it. I like Drews character, Lilly the most. She wasn't scared to get crazy. I might watch this again. Maybe if I was to catch it on T.V."
Phil H

November 26, 2011
So this is the female version of 'Young Guns' haha, sounds cliche and this is totally, every one in the book checked. To be fair you knew this was coming ever since they made the brat pack western, there had to be a posse of ladies.

The film looks fine with fair costume, location and stunts but the plot is so average and with a mixed cast of good and bad actors it just doesn't work, how Andie MacDowell gets work in films is beyond me.

Bit of a flop on release and panned by critics and I can see why really, I dunno why its called 'Bad Girls' either as the main four are hardly bad or even outlaws, maybe naughty.
Lady D

August 10, 2006
I like the idea of the rebellious women in such a male dominated era and the toughness of Madeline Stowe here, it's not a film that holds your interest too well.
thmtsang
thmtsang

July 14, 2007
Good actors but weak plot.
TheGame90
TheGame90

February 22, 2008
It was just bad....not much more to say
Stephen M

December 1, 2007
A silly feminist western with no good ideas and plenty of elements lifted from much better films; "The Wild Bunch" in particular is heavily plundered. Of course, most of the men here are either stupid or vicious, or both. There's absolutely no feeling for period and the action scenes are badly handled. The plot is non-existent; the women just take it in turns to get captured and free one another.
Beefy
Beefy

May 13, 2007
Silly, but the cast is fun.
garyX
garyX

February 27, 2007
Trashy, sensationalist and rather sexist all-girl version of Young Guns, casted by actresses who went on to much better things (apart from Andie MacDowell, who has always been crap.)
deano
deano

October 29, 2006
Four famous actresses in the Wild West story were okay as the female outlaws of a gang.
Michael G

October 25, 2006
I never walk out of a movie but I almost walked out of this one.
Marcus W

November 2, 2007
Okay, imagine a western with four gun-slinging females. Got it in your head? Now imagine how it will play, where the plot will go, the final shootout. That film you're imagining is this film because it is everything you expect it to be, nothing more, nothing less. Regardless, it's still fun...and Drew Barrymore looks very fine dressed as a cowgirl.
Lee K

April 12, 2008
I thought this would be a lot cooler such as young guns 1 was but nope i was dissapointed
iLeo
iLeo

November 4, 2007
A good movie that I enjoy watching every long period or so.
chadroesti
chadroesti

March 9, 2007
Four pros turned gunslingers...come on now...
January 15, 2009
Like that terrible movie Young Guns but for girls. Yes it was awful, but I loved it! Lots of eye candy, but they could've heated it up a bit. I hate how chick flicks make guys so one-dimensional and evil. I loved the girl's costumes and how they tricked men. The plot was pretty bad and I wanted them to make that saw mill at the end instead of just running away. The special effects/action was pretty bad too. I don't know why I liked it but I'm a sucker for westerns and for chick flicks. It's like a trashy western romance novel.
May 19, 2010
A campy western with four badass chicks exacting revenge on those who wrong them. I watched it as a fan of Drew Barrymore and found it to be a bit dull. I can't recommend it.
March 27, 2009
Not bad for a girlie shoot 'em up movie. I watched it all and did it by myself. No female made me...Guess I was bored. It is worth a look...
sfarquhar1
March 2, 2009
a lot better than i thought it would be drew is so hott in the movie would like to see a part two or a spin off of the movie
July 27, 2008
Not exactly a well-constructed plot, but entertaining none-the-less. Although I wish they'd stayed more lighthearted throughout the film. Perhaps the best part of the movie is the combination of legendary actresses Stowe, MacDowell, Barrymore and Masterson, even though they aren't exactly at their best.
May 10, 2008
This is the best bad girl move i've seen. Cowgirls rock!! Dont wanna mess with these bad cowgirls. sat on the edge of my seat through the hole movie...Loved it!!