13% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Blown Away Reviews

Jens S

June 17, 2006
Excellent action thriller starring Tommy Lee Jones as wonderfully crazy bomber and Jeff Bridges as bomb squad member with a past. While the mad bomber is taking out one after another of the hero's squad team with some really mean explosive devices the main character is struggling with his history. Sure, there are some stereotypes about Irish people in America covered here and not all characters are as round and interesting but it's still pretty damn exciting to follow the bomber's path of destruction and the booby traps and chain reactions he builds. The showdown on an old casino ship is simply spectacular. One of the most exciting action thrillers of the 90s with a pretty good soundtrack, too.
Gx7
Gx7

October 29, 2009
Not bad at all. The soundtrack was filled with U2 songs and it was quite fun to watch someone in the cast sing and 'dance' to it.

Tommy Lee Jones plays the role of the mad Irish bomber who just got out of prison and has decided to target members of the Boston Police bomb squad, it just so happens that Jeff Bridges is about to retire from the bomb squad and settle down. Forest Whitaker plays the fresh, cocky sob in the bomb disarmament unit.

An ok action flick riddled with just enough rubes, clues and explosions. Superb acting from Tommy Lee and Jeff Bridges.

Everyone loves a hero. But who is it gonna be? ;)
Anthony L

September 24, 2009
Tommy Lee Jones, Forest Whitaker and Bridges & Son performances make it a worth while watch!
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

September 22, 2009
Where was I when this movie came out? To me a hidden all star film. This Movie is loaded with Stars, Jeff and Lloyd Bridges a father and son team from Ireland, Jeff is a ex IRA Bomber who is now on Boston's Bomb Squad, Until bad guy Tommy Lee Jones shows up, and he plays the expert bomb maker who is crazy and after Jeff Bridges for past wrongs. Forest Whitaker plays a new member of the bomb squad who sits around and figures just whets up with Jeff and what it is he's hiding from his past. Suzy Amis plays Jeff?s new wife and has come along way from her starting role in Miami Vice. Full of action, chase scenes and thrills, my only question how did they run electricity to a abandon ship ????? Still no less then 5 stars.
Tim S

September 17, 2008
Yeah, I said it! Look, I'm jobless and I have writer's block, so I watch a lot of basic cable. Yeah, this movie is predictable as hell, but, it makes more sense than Speed and nobody has a better time chewing scenery as a villan than Tommy Lee Jones. And to watch the late, great Lloyd Bridges pull off (slightly) an Irish accent made me smile. Oh, and watching Forrest Whitaker try to pull off a Boston accent is pretty funny, too.
deano
deano

April 29, 2007
Creditable, intriguing thriller with a great deal of suspense. Tommy Lee Jones holds this good, but not great film together with another strong villainous performance.
garyX
garyX

December 11, 2006
Ineptly directed tosh that's strictly film-making by numbers, populated with stereotypes and laughable oirish accents. A box of fireworks would have considerably greater entertainment value.
kpn666
kpn666

July 25, 2006
This movie is undderated - stuff the critics - Jeff Bridges and Tommy Lee Jones are aces!! And for U2 fans: the soundtrack of the movie has U2'z the Joshua Tree running right through it!!! Talk about a superb soundtrack....
Lee K

March 3, 2008
good thriller starring tommy lee jones
May 18, 2010
A suspense thriller about a family being stalked by an IRA bomber. It's a one trick pony, but it's worth watching at least once.
May 15, 2009
another movie i was obsessed with when i was about 10 or 11...and could not find any other kids that seemed to understand.
February 20, 2009
This movie is by no means a master piece, but I liked it anyway. The rogue ex IRA man looking for revenge is right up my alley. I can see where this may set me apart from some, but I still though it was a good movie.
~Lissa~

January 3, 2008
I don't know if I'd go as far as my soulmate by saying this was a "kick ass movie full of suspense" but it was OK. The Irish accents were over the top and I just didn't feel the vengeance between the two.
I liked how Lloyd Bridges showed up as his father and could whip some butt!
I would recommend seeing this if you don't have anything else to watch and it's free.
losingallcontrol
November 27, 2007
One of my favorite action good guy vs bad guy flicks. I've seen this way too many times, and yet still find myself entertained. I also love the use of U2 music. :) The connection between Tommy Lee Jones and Jeff Bridges is perfect and I can't see any other actors playing these two characters.
joyndick
October 22, 2007
EXCELLENT movie. Whoever wrote the synopsis on this, I disagree. The two main actors are great. Tommy takes a so-so movie and turns it into a great movie by being Tommy. Jeff puts the sweeter, softer side to it. Maybe this might not be a real life, but really it's fiction
August 12, 2007
Not much of a challenge for J. Bridges, but the suspense is rabid and TLJ is a treat. Also, I hate U2, but the use of "With or Without You" in this is perfect/hilarious.
MovieGuruDude72
June 8, 2007
When I first saw this I genuinely felt the suspense. This movie was way underrated and very well done. It was great to see one last pairing of Jeff and Lloyd Bridges, too.
soyroberto00caliente
May 3, 2007
They dont make em like they used to. What happened to good movies where explosions occur and they look real......oh wait here's one.
xtapolapocet1
February 8, 2007
Jimmy Dove, of the Boston Bomb Squad, is confronted with a terrorist from the IRA. Great story, excellent cast!
elisaroberts
January 26, 2007
This film would not exist without version of Martin Scorsece of the "fear of course", but "puffed up far" a tear is not extinct - the characters speak like pirates, so that enough large a difference! _ I guess it have start by "Bonnie and Clyde" of Arthur Penn, but I hope that it finish not with Osama of Ron Howard "- the day happy"... And the bridges of Lloyd as a o' maximum Bannon is large.