The Fear - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fear Reviews

½ April 12, 2011
When I first saw this movie, I was very young. I had to have been at least eight or nine. Back then I was terrified, but watching it as an adult is definitely not the same. I'll admit that the thought of a wooden man killing you with your fear is quite scary to think about, but the execution of the movie is downright awful. The acting, the story, the deaths... it's all so cheesy. Not only that, but the movie digresses from the main point (being killed by your worst fear) so much that it's hard to follow at times. It truly jumps the shark on so many different levels - I'm your sister, no I'm actually your mother, I killed your mother after I had sex with her, your dad helped me bury her, you're the reason she's dead, yadda yadda yadda. It's all too much to even grasp when you're trying to watch horror. Leave those plot devices to dramas or even mystery movies, because we don't want to see them in a cheap thriller.
January 31, 2012
I watched The Fear when it first came out in 95 and thought it was really good. Of course I was young which obviously clouded my judgement. As bad as I wanted to like it I just couldn't. It's quite dull with an extremely lagging storyline.
December 2, 2005
GREAT Movie! One of my favorite movies. Reese Witherspoon & Mark Walburg make this movie hott. Great story line and excellent point made! What could be hotter than these two in a film?