Mad Love Reviews

deano
½ February 3, 2007
Great title, but a pathetic tale of a high school senior drawn like a moth to a flame to manic-depressive Drew Barrymore, whose performance is little more than an annoying twitch.
½ June 26, 2008
dull and pointless
iLeo
½ November 30, 2007
As I watched it the first time, I was ecstatic. As I continue to watch it now and then, I am still captivated enough. Great music, especially with "the waterskiing" scene using Nirvana's Love Buzz". Fantastic song!!
February 16, 2010
I enjoyed the Seattle setting, but I wish they would have polished the soundtrack a little to include more regional artists. It could have been a lot better. The story wasn't anything special, but it was watchable. (First and only viewing - 7/12/2015)
January 14, 2013
One of Drew Barrymore's star vehicles most of her fans will remember least (and for GOOD reason); anyone who did see this one back in the day may consider it the worst addition to the resume of both leads. As the dreary story of a studious high school student leaving everything he has worked for to run away with an attractive yet extremely annoying young woman is told in a fashion most will find completely off-putting, a waste of time is inevitable.
This standoffish story begins by introducing hunky Chris O'Donnell as a hard-working high school student with plenty of baggage, helping to raise his younger siblings along with his single father. He thinks (surprisingly) that he has met the woman of his dreams when Barrymore moves in nearby and he sees her occasionally at school. The affection he feels towards her clearly must be prevalent as she soon gets thrown into an insane asylum for her unacceptable behavior! Talk about a catch, huh? He then realizes his mission is to help her escape from the joint, go on a cross-country road trip and figure things out from there. Who cares if he has to leave his family, friends and promising future behind!
The appealing leads are wasted here in addition to the attractive rural filming locations. Barrymore may have been cast due to her rebellious reputation at the time or may have just been trying to keep her name in Hollywood. Yet, she and O'Donnell both would have been wise to avoid this project completely. Anyone looking for an appealing romantic comedy to watch on a Saturday night...this sure isn't it! Movie trivia buffs take note, O'Donnell and Barrymore also can be seen in Batman Forever, released the same year and Barrymore and Matthew Lillard (O'Donnell's friend) both starred in Scream the following year.
September 28, 2011
Casey Roberts:This is forever isn't?
Spoiler alert!
This movie is about a young woman who has a mental illness and falls in love with a guy that goes to her school. What I liked most about this movie was that it shows what real love is. Real love is sometimes letting someone go so that he/she may get the help they need. That is what Chris O'Donnell does in this movie. He lets Casey go so she can get better. It was probably hard for him but he loves her so much that he does it. I also liked the soundtrack in this movie-good music.
August 28, 2009
I really have to see this again, but I know that it was a very good movie about a bipoler woman who just wanted to be free. Or at least that was my take on it.
February 3, 2009
When i 1st saw this movie it was like .. it hit very close to home! LOVE this movie, and still belive it to be one of my favorite ones
January 24, 2009
this is about how mentally ill people can never have a normal existence or loving relationship cause they will freak out on vacation. i liked it.
½ May 22, 2008
that was one of the best movies i have ever seen in my life. it is kinda sad but not to bad at all. but a very good movie
June 10, 2007
A not too bad of a film about teenage love. Drew Barrymore as a mentally ill girl who falls for a guy whom both run off, but he realises she needs help. An interesting film with a great story.
March 19, 2007
I used to like this movie and i hadent seen it for a long time and saw it again and now its kinda dumb
February 25, 2007
This is one of my favorite movies. The love in it, and the pain in here. I know what depression is like her. I have been dealing with it since I was 12.
January 25, 2007
first movie i ever saw with drew other than e.t. and she became my idol! got my hair cut just like her...... she's so pretty!
This is an exact movie of my love life. The only difference is that nobody knew I was crazy but Matt.
½ April 24, 2015
Barrymore's needy vulnerability is sad and that air raps like a noose around this movie's neck.
September 14, 2012
~ Due to my own youthful rebellion, I connected with this film after my first viewing it. Bought & still watching today, as I continue to deal with my own battle of depression, Drew Barrymore's character 'Casey Roberts' acts so closely to that which I experience, at times, giving me the ability to watch & relate to another. And as a true actress, I believe that is exactly what Drew set out to do by taking this role. Thank you, Drew Barrymore!
½ July 13, 2012
Extra points for featuring 7 year Bitch
September 7, 2011
"They tried. But they just could not." Or was it? "I tried but it just was not."
½ May 17, 2011