Fair Game - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fair Game Reviews

dietmountaindew
June 26, 2010
it looks just very typical 90s action movies...at least, the action scenes don't look as fake-assed as those cgi-saturated action movies in 2000s, for example, die hard 4 (super-fake), even the plots aren't logical at all. why russian terrorists have to spend big money to set dynamite in some woman lawyer's house to keep her from suing them? (just because she's cindy crawford?) why don't they just send some assassin to sneak into her house to strangle her or give her a stab in the back? (more lowe-key and economical, i suppose.) or just kill the women who hires the lawyer to prosecute the male owner of the ship so she won't make a fuss anymore? once again, just like all the hollywood movies, couples have to make love when they just have a violent fight, then at the urge of passion(or hormone), they have to shag even they might get blown off by a bomb or machine gun. death and sex mingled together are just fun?

or is it super-cool to die under the paramout of orgasm with a bullet in your sperm-ful(pun intended) head? haha.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 25, 2007
decent chase movie
deano
April 4, 2007
The action film is exhilarating, but the script for supermodel Cindy Crawford's coming-out party as lead actress is amateurish.
DrStrangeblog
½ September 6, 2012
The film that launched supermodel Cindy Crawford's stellar acting career. Ohh, right. Must've been Billy Baldwin's fault, the Ted McGinley of the silver screen.
½ April 24, 2015
It's easy to see how Crawford became the next great model turned actress from this well done thriller....this crap killed two careers,Baldwin and Crawfords.
½ April 3, 2015
Cindy Crawford makes her acting debut as a lawyer Kate McQuean in Fair Game. A small case of hers leads to her being targeted by the KGB and detective Max Kilpatric becomes her only chance of surviving. Fair Game is a decent enough action film, in the similar vein of any of the Van Damme movies of the 90s. The biggest draw here of course is Crawford who is simply stunning of course to look at, but is an atrocious actress. Baldwin doesn't help much, but its a decent enough premise if you get around that and enjoy looking at Crawford.
February 8, 2014
Cindy Crawford is 100% supermodel and 0% acting skills. I think when you mix with a lame ass director filled with a lesser rip-off of "Point Break" and add William Baldwin and one of the sexiest supermodels of the 90's have in common, it's because everyone is gonna laugh at you at their performance. I hated this movie because the action looks okay, but the acting itself just downright terrible. Cindy ain't no Bridget Fonda, but she should've learned her lesson from now on.
July 2, 2011
Admit it - there is only one reason to rent this movie: in hopes of seeing Cindy Crawford naked. Well, you get that, and that part is good. This movie goes a long way in showing why she is a model and not an actress. I enjoyed watching her beauty on the screen. I didn't like the movie. Not much story, and what story there is wasn't believable. Decent special effects though. Not a total waste of time, but darn near.
½ June 27, 2011
That movie was downright horrible. Crawford was completely awful and she and Baldwin definitely lacked chemistry. Avoid this mess along with the 1986 Stallone film "Cobra", which based on the book "Fair Game" but both films had completely different plots.
½ December 21, 2010
One American cop manages to kill all of the highly trained and extremely dangerous ex-KGB agents who are after a woman he's protecting. Action, sex, killing.
December 5, 2010
The action was alright, but I couldn't really appreciate anything else in this, lol this is a bad movie.
½ April 7, 2007
Pretty good if you accept the KGB is after a civil lawyer. I found it very watchable and thrilling. High tech surveilance by the KGB makes the police no match for this couple in trouble, and Hollywood evens the score by hard to believe stunt work. Excellent explosions, especially early on from her condo. Thank her cat for saving her life.

I did like this, despite some faults. Don't be fooled by the photo in the jacket, this couple never got too romantically involved. I couldn't remember the ending the next day.
May 10, 2010
Other than the fact that Cindy Crawford was bodylicious in this or just plain hot...I wasn't worth the script or the film that it came from.
November 14, 2008
this movie is so awesome on this action movie i saw. wow cindy crawford is so sexy and the starring along with starring william baldwin as a cop. also starring steven berkoff who continues role villian that he did in "beverly hills cop" and "rambo: the first blood 2". plenty of best action and the explsives moment.
October 15, 2009
Okay, both of the lead actors are really wooden...but this is still kind of a fun, brainless action flick. With Cindy Crawford. I mean, come on. Cindy Crawford.
½ June 21, 2008
The half-star is for Cindy Crawford's tits. There's some shred of a workable plot in there, but it's pissed away in a mess of forced chemistry, wooden acting and implausibly bad stunts.
½ May 30, 2008
I don't usually give such high ratings but maybe it's becausei miss these old type of movies... hot girl, crazy action... story that's like kind of out of control... reminds me a movie that would come on like spike tv, hah.
½ January 7, 2008
William Baldwin was not born to play leads. It's not hls fault. He can do just fine supporting like he did in Flatliners. But he does not belong in the lead. To his credit though, neither does Alec.
July 23, 2007
Truly not as bad as I thought it was going to be. And make sure you see Salma Hayek play second fiddle to Cindy Crawford.