67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Sabrina Reviews

Apeneck F

September 8, 2007
Sydney Pollack's homage pales in comparison to, well c'mon, Bogie and Hepburn and Wilder ... how can you beat that? But after taking that monumental fact into account, its not so bad on its own merits. Ford and Ormond have their own charm, yah, but the writing fails the scintillation somewhat. Otherwise the fantasy of the ugly duckling turned elegant swan remains intact.
TomBowler
TomBowler

April 9, 2010
An almost word for word remake but Harrison Ford is great. Full review later.
Conner R

November 19, 2009
While it's not a particularly amazing movie, it still has a lot of redeeming qualities. Harrison Ford actually played a highly entertaining yuppie and had a lot of great moments. While it is a little bit fluffy for my taste, it is by no means a bad romantic comedy.
Alice S

January 9, 2009
Meh. Julia Ormond is exquisite but Harrison Ford is blisteringly dull. The film hardly shows Sabrina's development from gawky nerd to Parisian sophisticate at all. A few zingers here and there, but on the whole, draggy and overwrought. The original with Audrey and Bogie didn't make much of an impression on me either.
thmtsang
thmtsang

November 10, 2007
Sabrina is the chauffeur's daughter who causes a stir amongst the family.
sainttom93
sainttom93

July 25, 2007
Not as good as the original --
Leigh R

November 7, 2006
Pretty good.
deano
deano

October 19, 2006
This is nicely, warmest and romantic and I like Harrison Ford's character better than Humphrey Bogart in this comedy remake.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

February 17, 2010
"Sabrina" stars Harrison Ford and Greg Kinnear as Linus and David Larrabee and Julia Ormond as Sabrina. Sabrina has been in love with David all her life and when she hears he's going to get married she leaves behind her new life in Paris because she thinks they are meant to be together. However when he sees this polished and sophisticated Sabrina, David is not the one who recognizes her. Harrison Ford is great in his role as Linus, the "nose to the grind stone" scheming older brother who sets out to hustle Sabrina to undo the problems her return home has caused. This is a good romantic comedy that's sweet and heartwarming.
mingsysar
mingsysar

August 15, 2006
A nice enough film, but I wanted more Greg Kinnear, more grit and less implausible romance.
iLeo
iLeo

December 24, 2007
Funny.
Sunil J

October 14, 2007
Not original enough to come close to beating the original.
Marion R

June 9, 2007
I liked the original better. I liked Harrison Ford, but how can you compare Ormond to Audrey Hepburn.
March 5, 2009
Perfectly enjoyable remake. Not much worse than the original (which is a bit overrated), but certainly not any better than it.
December 26, 2011
Harrison Ford bores me and this movie is pretty much everything I've seen on Lifetime a million times over. I get that Ford is a huge star, but he does nothing for me. If you're in the same boat, I definitely recommend skipping this one. I nearly fell asleep.
Teressius
May 20, 2007
I don't usually like remakes, but this one is a VERY good update. The acting was excellent, the movie very tastefully done.
jam233
June 14, 2010
Surprisingly good retelling of the classic film of the same name. The cast is surprisingly effective and Julia Ormond is delightful in the Audrey Hepburn role. The original 1954 version is still better, but this one holds its own. Fine score, very good art direction and cinematography, excellent costume design. It's a good story and very enjoyable.
April 2, 2009
SUMMARY
romantic comedy starring Harrison Ford, Julia Ormond and Greg Kinnear. based on the play Sabrina Fair. directed by Sydney Pollack.

Sabrina Fairchild (Ormond) is the daughter of the Larrabee family's chauffeur and has long been in love with the youngest Larrabee, David (Kinnear), from a far. but alas, he does not even really know she exists. but once Sabrina comes back from Paris and has blossomed into a beautiful, confident woman, David suddenly takes notice... even though he is already engaged to be married. in steps the oldest Larrabee brother, Linus (Ford), who plans on doing whatever it takes to ensure that his brother goes through with his engagement... and so he can ensure a corporate merger with his brother's future in-laws.

MY TAKE
pretty good stuff, but I still prefer the 1954 Billy Wilder original, starring Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart and William Holden.
cellie504
September 23, 2009
I loved this because it shows how you can completely start over somewhere else... foreign country and things be totally different!!!
Alestriona
June 5, 2009
Ahh, I have watched this movie at least 40 times, in English and French. I will never get tired of this classic.