101 Dalmatians (1996)
Average Rating: 5.3/10
Reviews Counted: 33
Fresh: 13 | Rotten: 20
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 5.2/10
Critic Reviews: 6
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 5
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 2.9/5
User Ratings: 623,444
There are more puppies than you can shake a rolled up newspaper at in this live-action remake of the Disney animated favorite 101 Dalmatians. Roger (Jeff Daniels) is a designer of computer games who shares his home with his pet dalmatian, Pongo. One day, Roger takes Pongo for a walk in the park and the dog sets his eyes on a beautiful female dalmatian named Perdy. Perdy likes Pongo as much as he likes her, and thankfully Perdy's mistress, a fashion designer named Anita (Joely Richardson), is
Nov 29, 1996 Wide
Apr 21, 1998
Buena Vista Pictures
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
...an entertaining, surprisingly charming update of the Disney's 1961 animated classic.
the film is reasonably efficient and combines enough fantasy and humor to hold one's interest.
To find the biggest source of problems with this remake, take a look at the producer's name. 101 Dalmatians is Disney's first joint venture with John Hughes,
Rather pointless literalization of a great cartoon that didn't need it.
This is very harmless entertainment for kids with a non-so-subtle anti fur coat message. It is not quite up to adult standards, however.
This time they simply forget the part that made the original work -- the dogs' story.
Audience Reviews for 101 Dalmatians
- Jasper: Come here, you speckled lab rat!
- Cruella De Vil: I'll be wearing Anita's dogs!
- Cruella De Vil: I'm getting really tired of you Roland!
- Roger: Roger!
- Cruella De Vil: Whatever!
- Horace: Did you hear that?
- Jasper: Hear what?
- Horace: That noise.
- Jasper: What noise?
- Horace: That noise I've just heard, did you hear it?
- Jasper: Oh yeah, yeah. Sounds like a complete berk answering me irritating questions... Oh good, it's stopped now.
- Cruella De Vil: Anyway you want. Poison them! Drown them! Bash them on the head! Got any chlorophyl? I don't care how you kill the little beasts, just do it, and do it now!
Discuss 101 Dalmatians on our Movie forum!
Latest News on 101 Dalmatians
December 6, 2005:"Saw" Producer Passes Away
Gregg Hoffman, producer of "Saw" and co-founder of Twisted Pictures, died of natural...