Caught - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Caught Reviews

½ November 18, 2009

½ June 24, 2013
On the surface, Young's adaptation of Pomerantz novel feels like a variation of Postman Always Rings Twice, but setting the story in Jersey in a Latino working class milieu and adding Oedipal elements separate his film from the yarn's other versions
½ July 30, 2010

½ November 14, 2007
Veteran indie director Robert M. Young works a number of interesting wrinkles into the familiar, "Postman Always Rings Twice" married couple-younger man triangle and has drawn fine performances from his leading actors. But the aftermath to the startling climax takes a lot of wind out of its sails, making for a disappointed feeling at fadeout.
December 15, 2003
[font=Arial]I actually saw part of this movie before, but never really finished it. I guess I did not have great impression with Edward James Olmos, so did not have the patient to finish. I finally watch the whole thing tonight, except the first 10-15 min. [/font]

[font=Arial]It was an okay movie in general. The lovemaking scenes are real and natural, not like many other finely choreography lovemaking scenes so oftenly seen in the movies. [/font]

[font=Arial]Arie Verveen, never seen him before, the slight accent telling me he is a British. To me, he is the only one stands out in the movie. Don?t mind watching some other performance from him.[/font]
½ June 24, 2013
February 7, 2011
its really nice mov,,,,,,,, i like it
½ July 30, 2010

November 11, 2007
seen this when I was smaller, loved it
½ November 18, 2009

August 20, 2009
i saw this movie many yrs b4,it so intresting,i would like see nw.
July 23, 2009
i want to see thw whole movie
March 16, 2009
The most literal interpretation of the Oedipus Complex that I've seen so far (I havent yet seen David O' Russell's 'Spanking The Monkey'). On paper this would seem like the worst kind of salacious incest flick, but the actors are excellent here and the director keeps it real and engaging enough. Slightly disturbing. The ending is tepid, though.
½ March 12, 2009
very powerful movie ... the chemistry between Nick and Betty is palpable, strong emotions, dangerous ground.
March 5, 2009
this is a movie with passion and lust
½ December 6, 2008
a nice film noir. Arie Verveen is great.
July 13, 2008
I LOVE this film. Very sensual, and suspenseful, yet realistic in some ways. You don't know where it will all end up as you watch it, and the script is very well written. Maria Conchita Alonso was fantastic in this movie.
January 13, 2008
Was not expecting much but the movie caught me by surprise. Maria Conchito is brilliant in her role.
½ November 22, 2007
The title alone has a double meaning - It's about fish and infidelity. Maria Conchito Alonzo is the centre of this deep absorbing drama, and it is also her most erotic work ever. It is multi-layered, yet certain elements are left ambiguous. The realism instilled by the writing and the acting makes the actions and situations that much more powerful. Edward James Olmos' work is devastatingly good. An excellent piece of work that pushes the eroticism to super hot levels, but pushes equally with the reality and consequences.