20% Transcendence Apr 18

That Darn Cat Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

November 11, 2012
Awful family film that has no point whatsoever, this is a film that really doesn't offer anything to the viewer aside from a bad plot, poor acting and stupid jokes. There's nothing really to enjoy here, except for a bad cast that aren't memorable and are more tiresome than funny. This is among Disney's worst live action features, and it doesn't deliver anything worthwhile to the viewer. As a whole, this film fails as a family film, and you'd it be a fun, entertaining film. Unfortunately, this film really doesn't have any redeeming factors about it and it just fails to be memorable, or absolutely entertaining. Live Disney films tended to be hit and miss, and That Darn Cat missed the mark big time. This is a remake of a classic film, and like most remakes, it fails to be as fun as the original. The film's cast is horrible in their performances and the film's plot misfires big time and it really doesn't have anything to be entertaining for the viewer. This film fails and as all remakes before and after it, is forgettable. The direction is pretty poor as well, and is unfocused and only contributes to the downfall of this 1995 of the Disney classic. I remember as a kid I hated this film because I felt it was a stupid film that had pretty bad on-screen gags and bad story development. That Darn Cat remake is a film that should be avoided if you're looking for a well constructed family film that will appeal to the entire family. This remake could have been so much better, but due to a poor script, poor cast, and poor directing, it fails before the film's end. Avoid this if you're looking for a memorable family film with plenty of laughs, as this one won't offer anything for the viewer.
Lucas M

July 29, 2012
With the 'charm' by a young Christina Ricci and the star of Cool Runnings, one of Disney's best pictures, Doug E. Doug, That Darn Cat become an awful and a shame to Disney studios.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
This remake of the Disney classic has a bad cast, stupid jokes, and it just doesn't have the spirit of the original. It's very disappointing.
Andrew F

June 17, 2006
It was okay... nothing special, nothing completely terrible. I haven't seen it in a LONG time.
Sunil J

April 28, 2008
Kinda cute and silly.
June 9, 2009
I'll be honest I watched it because of Doug E. Doug and Christina Ricci. It's just about as good as the original and updated incase the kiddies won't watch one that old.
December 7, 2008
well, at least the cat is cute... The old Hayley Mills film was one I liked as a kid and I think much better than this one, though neither version is great.
burtreyn0lds
June 3, 2007
a purrr-fectly made movie... Doug E. Doug in the role he was made to play... This is a side splitting MISadventure!!! be ready for some unexpected Surprises in this romp... Trust me you'll have a (That) DARN! (Cat) Good Time!!!! This movie was really cute and had the best cinematography i've ever seen... including a Cat FaRTiNg!!!!!!!
Yupperdoodle
May 16, 2007
I haven't seen this movie in forever, but it was sooo cute and funny! If you haven't seen it, you should definitely check it out!
May 1, 2007
i could never sit thorough this whole damn movie...what the fuck is it about anyway? it was that boring!
MovieGuruDude72
April 21, 2007
Back when Christina Ricci did those silly family movies. Watch this then watch Black Snake Moan and watch your eyes open up.
nemanilowfan39
January 10, 2007
One of the better Disney remakes, but still not quite on par with the original. It's worth seeing though.
October 16, 2006
One of my favorite films from my childhood. Loved D.C. and his adventure. Loved how he saved the kidnapped kids.
April 20, 2006
I loved this as a kid. Not so much now, but it is surprising and funny. Watch it with a kid, or show it to a kid and leave the room. However, wait until they are at least 8ish years old, cause it can be a little violent if you are particularily sensitive... but it's pretty much just fluffy fun.
January 24, 2014
Sounds extremely stupid, looks extremely stupid... based on what I know so far, IS extremely stupid!
December 23, 2012
That Darn Cat is just worthless. It hardly has anything to do WITH the title character is just isn't as entertaining as the original.
Lucas M

July 29, 2012
January 21, 2012
I'd rather see the 1965 version. Doug E. Doug? Really?
JTB
September 28, 2010
Old disney film. Liked it as a kid, but stupid today.
garfield2710
July 29, 2010
It's a fun film, but adults probably won't want to see it unless their youngsters want to see it.