Lord of the Wu Tang (Kung Fu Master) (Yi tian tu long ji: Zhi mo jiao jiao zhu) (The Evil Cult) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lord of the Wu Tang (Kung Fu Master) (Yi tian tu long ji: Zhi mo jiao jiao zhu) (The Evil Cult) Reviews

deano
May 24, 2007
Cool Jet Li & Chingway Yau kung fu movie with special effects. And Sammo Hung's hilarious.
March 7, 2007
Any film where the protagonist guesses how many experience points his opponent has needs to be seen to be believed.
February 12, 2007
One of the schlockiest Kung-Fu films I've seen, but brilliantly insane. The choreography and wire-work is top notch, and the story is ridiculous (but amusing). Objectively, I suppose this is a trashy film, but I think it's great fun.
April 28, 2014
Jet Li plays an orphan who is caught in the midst of a kung fu gang war. He eventually masters enough martial arts to bring the various sects into line, but a corrupt government official begins meddling. The Evil Cult is an over-the-top wushu flick that features wacky fights, sped-up camera tricks, and lots of wire stunts coordinated by Sammo Hung. This zany fantasy film may not be to everyone's taste, but it's worth hunting down if one enjoys madcap melee sequences.
March 13, 2014
Classic Kung Fu movie with many great fight scenes and amazing special effects for its time. However the film ends on a cliffhanger which ends up robbing it of some of it's majesty, considering a sequel was never made!
December 17, 2013
This is one of the very very very best Jet Lee movies. The same goes for the director.
½ March 31, 2013
Overtime I lost my flame with this movie, but it still does enough to bring the whole thing home with its fighting sequences.
February 7, 2013
83%
This is my favourite Jet Li film, the story is complicated enough and there are lots of plot twists. One thing I like most about the Jet Li films is that there are lots of killings in it, then this one should be the most brutal of all.
July 4, 2011
Kinda like mortal kombat of chinese martial arts film of the 90's big budget and lots of popular cast.
March 6, 2004
Its a little confusing (i had bad subtitles). But the movie had great martial arts and good special effects.