Out to Sea Reviews

April 25, 2008
The last Matthau/Lemmon movie and really great for anyone that likes either.
½ July 18, 2014
A funny movie - but a little corny. of course, when I am in my 60's and I'm looking to mack on a rich elderly lady, I might appreciate this movie more. Jack and Walter are funny although this is an obvious capitalization off the "Grumpy Old Man" franchise - yet - we don't care because we love them. Added bonuses Donald O'Connor, Hal Linden, and that actress named Rue who played the vixen on the Golden Girls. I'm too drunk to remember how to spell her name. There's this awesome scene where this 70+ year-old Elaine Stritch blows the sh*t off the dance floor in some tap shoes.
½ February 16, 2010
The comedy duo has done it again. This is basically Grumpiest Old Men only with a new supporting cast. The jokes were hysterical in most cases, and the plot was a tad flimsy, but who needs those when you've got two late, great actors in the spotlight? Definitely a movie for your comedy collection.
February 9, 2010
the grumpys are back even though this was their last film together out to sea is a funny comedy with the 2 funnymen
½ April 16, 2009
I love these 2 together, but this is nowhere near as good as the Grumpy Old Men set. Dyan Cannon looks amazing for her age (60). I wouldn't have guessed she was over 40! Pretty funny, but had some slow parts. A feel good comedy at the end.
November 21, 2009
Enjoyable, but it?s rather predictable and mundane. What does bring it to life is the array of great stars in the film, outside of them, it?s rather forgettable.
November 6, 2009
I love watching Jack Lemon and Walter Matthau work together. And again, they are surrounded by a first rate cast. It was awesome seeing Hal Linden in this. I wasn't too sure whatever happened to him. Brent Spiner was also hilarious. He had such great chemistry with Matthau that I couldn't wait to see what happened between the two in the next scene. Predictable, but it is always magic when Lemmon and Matthau get together.
½ October 24, 2007
I am always a Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon duo fan. Though "Out to Sea" isn't much different from their grumpy men movies, seeing those two old guys clash always makes me happy.
July 14, 2007
Such a cute movie! Matthau and Lemmon are great together as usual. The plot is simple, but enjoyable. Filled with great supporting actors like Donald O'Connor, Hal Linden, Dyan Cannon and Gloria DeHaven.
½ July 12, 2007
The only movie I can truly say that impacted me directly in a negative way... financially that is. By this time the formula only appealed to those close to death.
Damn this movie!
May 27, 2007
Jack and Walter in once again. Walter gets Jack to take a cruise on or just after his anniversary of him and his wife and Walter does not tell Jack that they are going to be Dance Hosts on this cruise Ship. Good All around movie.
½ March 27, 2007
Lemmon and Matthau. One of my all time favorite pairings. This isn't their greatest work together, but still...not bud.
½ March 10, 2007
Thank God for these two giants of the silver screen. I absolutely loved this last movie these two Icons did together. Besides, it was still very funny. They were the best.
½ September 14, 2006
Another movie featuring the Odd Couple no being the Odd Couple but really really being the Odd Couple and quite annoying.
½ May 12, 2006
This is standard fair comedy and definitely not the quality expected from its fine actors. Come on old guys....you're funnier than this.
½ May 10, 2015
Wish it were better but the last offering from this comedy team still is better than most....just not even close to there best.
½ January 3, 2014
It's kind of like Grumpy Old Men on a cruise ship with some dancing. These two were very likable guys and it's good to see them in another old people are funny buddy movie that I'd never seen before. This movie however isn't that great though there are a few laughs to be found. RIP fellas.
December 6, 2013
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
August 2, 2013
A pair of elder gamblers and con artists go on a cruise to look for rich ladies. Everything about this film is a pretty lazy and poor excuse to bring the great on screen pairing of Matthau and Lemmon together again.