Fire Down Below - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fire Down Below Reviews

½ August 24, 2008
Is there a single worthwhile Seagal movie out there?
April 20, 2008
If you can't stand country music like me, then you'll enjoy watching Seagal total wannabe fighters like Mark Collie. Unfortunately, Seagal tries to blend music and action and neither one works, much like the rest of this movie, despite it's above-average cast. I liked watching Seagal blow off half of Randy Travis' head, but that was the highlight of the film for me. Not a great movie.
½ February 5, 2007
Steven Seagal goes after some nasty corporate types who are covertly dumping toxic waste in Kentucky's Appalachian hills while the locals suffer at their hands. It's the old save-the-ranch cowboy B-movie for mula with extra kicks.
½ December 2, 2007
i love this movie. this is one of my guilty pleasures. seagal movies arent "good", but they are at the same time good. this is one of his best.
½ March 3, 2007
An eco-thriller for Segal Fans. Alright stuff.... the rattlesnake scenes were good - but the action is what counts.
½ June 30, 2010
This was most certianly the best Seagal film.

Hanner SR: You're violating my constitutional rights.
Jack Taggert: I will show you a new meaning to the word "violation".
½ February 24, 2007
Haven't I told you I hate this cocksucker
April 20, 2014
Strangely watchable. I don't know if it was Levon Helms and the soundtrack in general, or the fact that it's the weirdest mix of Steven Seagal in the fruitiest leather coats in the hickest southern town talking about saving the environment.... this move is so bizarre and dumb it kinda works.
November 21, 2012
was one of the best Movies i ever got to see get made in my home town and meeting the cast at the time was very kool
December 17, 2011
A bad movie for the ages! Segal's expression never changes. He never gets touched. Kentucky needs this man!
½ November 12, 2008
not having seen this when it aired (my in-theater Seagal days ended with Executive Decision) the formula is not unlike On Deadly Ground but not as ridiculous as Glimmer Man. formulaic, laughable that he doesn't get hurt at all in this one AND his ridiculous wardrobe. surprisingly he has a decent (though under-used) supporting cast.
October 24, 2008
My cousin Steve Sears is the guy he carries out of the coal mine in the beginning. Whoo-hoo i'm so proud!
½ September 21, 2006
just re-discovered this movie.and i agree. its one of them movies only a steven seagal fan could enjoy. Of course gotta love Kris Kristopperson and hearry dean stanton and Marg Helgenberger does a awesome job!!!!
½ May 14, 2008
While a typical formula story that breaks little new ground, this one is of better quality than most.
April 25, 2008
love seeing Steven in a role that is close to his heart ans see him as a protector too very well done love this movie
½ November 12, 2007
Flourescent green toxic chemicals? Surviving a mine explosion intact? Heh. This movie was rather predictable but I enjoyed seeing Seagal give the bad guys a beatdown!
July 30, 2007
the only thing about this movie is parts of it were filmed near where I grew up in southeastern kentucky. one 2 seconds scene was filmed next to my mom's house, that took them 2 days to film. nothing like union
July 4, 2007
satisfying, if you happen to catch it on sunday afternoon television, when nothing else is on. this movie has everything: casino fight scenes, fight scenes to live country-western music, fight scenes including lumber, gasoline & flares, and of course pool cues. also (at least) two car-chase scenes, one of which takes place between a tiny antique truck and a big-rig in the steep hills of appalacia, which are apparently all paved in loose gravel. bonus: steven seagall courting his love interest with soft-spoken, thoughtful words. (and then kicks some guy in the groin.)
June 5, 2007
A Great movie and come on u knew she liked him! (Who wouldn't, he can definatly stand up for his woman!)
May 16, 2007
theres always somebody tryin to [ice]skate uphill,and this time around,the icebreaker is jack taggart,played by seagal.ready,willing and able to DIS-able the hoodlums dumping toxic waste in the kentucky coal mines,cracking his various one-liners and his various choices of makeshift weaponry upon the neighborhood white-trash.stanton(aliens),kristofferson(of 'the highwaymen',blade and blade 2),lang,helgenberger(csi:ny,species,species 2)co-star,w/cameos by travis tritt,marty stewart,and randy of my fav seagal movies.