Merlin

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Merlin Reviews

Jason S

May 2, 2009
A pretty good made for tv movie. I liked it.
puffchunk
puffchunk

October 13, 2007
I loved it on t.v., but it's been too long, I need to see it again.
Kylie B

June 7, 2007
I love this. I like that it doesn't focus on King Arthur for once (Merlin is a much more interesting character), and Miranda Richardson and Helena Bonham Carter look fabulous. The downside is the 'modern' humour of Frik, which ruins the effort to make it look ancient and sumptious.
garyX
garyX

May 10, 2007
A superb cast ham it up mercilessly in an anachronistic pantomime that's far more interested in over-directed set pieces and special effects than characters. Typical of Hollywood's dumb revisionism of classic tales.
deano
deano

April 8, 2007
Fantastically fantasy details the life of King Arthur's court wizard from the events behind his conception to the entrusting of the sword of Excalibur. Unlike previous films about Camelot, Merlin is all about the magic. Astounding special effects that are even more entertaining than the wonderful performances from the all-star cast.
ascordeiro108
ascordeiro108

January 6, 2011
looove
constanzaboutter
constanzaboutter

February 27, 2009
Moving, beautiful and well-constructed work. Effective at retelling the legends in a refreshing way, at the same time giving a side story about the character's growing up and loves. All webbed together beautifully well, the characters and the climax wonderfully painted.
*Kimberly *

June 6, 2007
Not a movie to see if you want flawless special effects, but the story is beautiful and justice is done to the tale in this magical fantasy about a wizard torn between his two loves; his lady and mankind.
Anthony V

May 15, 2007
Nice revision.
ultrabug
July 8, 2010
This has to be one of my favorite adaptations of Merlin. It may be nothing like what some stories like to tell, but then again, Merlin's girlfriend is said to be his rival and enemy in some stories, and others say they're lovers. It truly depends on how you prefer to view it.
May 18, 2010
Not a great movie, but Sam Neill's performance saved it in my opinion. It's not something I would recommend to everyone, but if you're a fantasy fan I would recommend it.
musicofthenightangel
October 3, 2009
I loved it. Throughout this whole, long movie, I was never bored. I loved the love of Merlin and Nimue.
HellsOwnAngel
July 10, 2009
I think i have saw just about all the Merlin movie versions but this one is BY FAR my favorite..it took me FORVER to find the thing on video but i did & still remains one of my all time favorites
Tugsays
August 19, 2008
Arg!

This could very well be my favorite movie of all time.
(Maybe not favorite favorite, but definitely top 3.)

It's an epic. (Which I adore.)
It has Sam Neil. (Whom I adore, but to a lesser extent.)

This is also on the Zune for on demand viewing. :]
April 20, 2008
I don't even know how to rate this, I've never seen a movie that was so good and so bad at the same time. It's weird. You'll either love it or hate it.
vitchard
April 3, 2008
The movie gave good backstory for the character, especially the inclusion of Queen Mab in explaining how Merlin came to be and why Morgan La Fey had it in for Arthur. I found Mab's whispery voice to be more ridiculous than mystical, and it got annoying after the first half an hour. Altogether, the movie was so-so; the only performance I really enjoyed was that of Martin Short.
rarebreedsurvivor
February 18, 2008
I totally loved this movie...excellent storyline, characters, plot...I totally enjoyed everything about this movie...a definite must see...must see
October 8, 2007
Excellent for fans of the King Arthur mythology and the Merlin side story. That is, if one can look passed the cheesy (and sometimes distracting) made-for-TV" special effects.
September 28, 2007
This movie definitely is long, but well worth watching. It puts a new twist on an old tale. I loved it, and it has a fabulous cast.
LadyLost
August 2, 2007
ah yes, the great wizard Merlin. i actually own this one. the only thing i wish they did better on it was the transition from scene to scene. the transitions were made for the tv, unfortunately, but in DVD form it makes it a bit odd.
i love Sam Neill, he is an excellent actor, and i must say, they did good to make him Merlin. he does it well. even i the sequel "Merlin's Apprentice" he does great acting.
and the actors who play the fair people are seem quite made for their parts.