The Godson

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Godson Reviews

rnelsonbaseballfan
September 5, 2010
A cute parody on the Godfather. It has its moments, some jokes are good. Dangerfield and the kid from New Kids On The Block carry the film. But not to far.
December 11, 2013
This movie is abysmal.
October 13, 2013
Everyone's two favorite fattys Rodney Dangerfield and Dom DeLuise star in this comedy mocking mafia films. As good as Mafia!.
Jake D.
September 18, 2010
If you haven't seen this. It is hilarious. It's definitely one of the best spoof films I've ever seen. Worth looking into.
Paul Celano
August 6, 2010
Only I was going to put this on my list of worst movies of all time, but Rodney Dangerfield had some great one liners and Dom Deluise was pretty funny as a Godfather rip off. This is a terrible slapstick comedy making fun of the Godfather. The rest of the cast was terrible and not funny at all. Kevin McDonald was the main star and he was really annoying. Fabiana Udenio just couldn't even act in this film. Then you have Lou Ferrigno who thinks he really has an acting career. I wasn't really expecting much when watching this film. But I didn't think it would be this bad. The story was just stupid and the references to other mob type films were really stupid. In fact I felt a bit smarter once the movie was over because it was done and out of my life. Did that sound harsh? Ok, then watch the film and let me know what you think. Dangerfield and DeLuise must of been hurting on money because great comedic geniuses like that would of never done this movie. Oh well, I watched it and it is over now.
vee
April 26, 2000
This movie is the mack diggity.

"Say-la-vive." "What are you speakin' French for? You're Italian!" The timeless words of Dom DeLuise, I love this movie. I wicked want to find more people who like it! I can't believe those reviews on this blasted thing -- so many bad ones... that means that not only did people hate it, but they hated it enough to go out of their way to say so! (And in many cases, to be quite specific.) This is the user comments I'm speaking of -- not the professional critic reviews (although those were all bad, too.) One quote from the latter I can remember is about Kevin's being a Kid In The Hall -- "...which tells me he should know better." Ouch.

I wonder how Bob Hoge feels about all this -- not too good, I can imagine. I would love to tell him how much I *loved* the movie, and not to listen to anyone else! He's an influence as well as a comedic deity!

Much of it was the acting -- combining the talents of Kevin McDonald, Paul Greenberg, Rodney Dangerfield, Dom DeLuise, Lou Ferrigno, Barbara Crampton, and even Joey Buttafucco -- which inspired such delightful lunacy. In any other case these pairings would be ridiculous but it just fits so right in this one; it's just too real!

Well, not really real, but you know. I've watched this movie more times than I can count -- I have most parts memorised -- and it still makes me laugh, every time, for so much of the film -- that to me is very important in a comedy film. A comedy film of those sorts, that is. You can bash the film, say it was an insult to satire; but its entire point was to be!! It just took satire to the next level; a level that some of us may not be ready for -- but I certainly am. ;)