Cleopatra Reviews

ScoopOnline
December 28, 2009
Leonar Varela`s acting like a school girl, not to mention the lack of Billy Zane s perfomance even the almighty Timothy Dalton couldnt save this mini seriers.
xxdebxx
July 7, 2011
The story of an exotic queen Cleopatra who won the hearts of both Julius Caesar and Marc Antony while reigning over beautiful Egypt. Timothy Dalton is terrific in his depiction of Julius Cesar while Billy Zane was charismatic as Mark Antony, torn between Rome and his obsession with Cleopatra. The settings were magnificent and I thought Leanor Varela captured the cunning seductiveness of Cleopatra, using her siren sexuality as a weapon to achieve her aims. The director obviously did not intend to make this an accurate history documentary so provided you disregard the historical viewpoint and view the movie as you would view any other romance-tear jerker, you would realize that it is well done and the actors and actresses did a superb job.
½ June 6, 2011
I love every version of Cleopatra, Leonor Varela was smokin hot Cleo, but she still can't match the Splendor of Liz Taylor or Vivien Leigh.Billy Zane as Marc Anthony was a nice choice
½ August 6, 2008
Great adaptation of this story. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. I just don't understand why Rufio had to betray Cleopatra in the very end.
May 3, 2007
Better than the Elizabeth Taylor version. Better acting and hot supporting actors playing Caser and Marc Anthony
½ January 5, 2007
Leonor Varela is breathtaking in this. This basically got me started on loving Egypt. Cleopatra is my favorite movies that takes place in history.
½ October 29, 2006
This is generally a pretty good movie. Varela's performance as Cleopatra reminds me of Natalie Portman's performance in Star Wars. She probably can act, but the dialouge isn't very well written. Billy Zane is pretty good, and the scenery is beautiful. Overall, this movie isn't awful, and I enjoyed it.
February 22, 2013
Say a prayer for this film
½ April 13, 2012
Trashy TV miniseries
April 15, 2006
[i]Cleopatra [/i]is fantastic. Leonor Varela is ideal cast. She's beautiful and human. You always feel with her, but also see her faults. Sometimes she's like a little girl, then cold-blooded ruler, then selfless guardian of her people, and she lives for he love. Also the colors were amazing. Cast is perfect. Film is simply the best [i]Cleopatra [/i]flim. You can't make a better one.