The Gaucho - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Gaucho Reviews

December 23, 2010
Loved it! A must see for silent movie fans. This movie has everything, action, excitement, suspense, romance, tragedy, comedy, spectacular effects and stunts, and a great ending. I highly recommend it.
December 23, 2010
August 21, 2008
Usually I hate preachy ass Christian movies (Ben-Hur made me literally LOL and cringe on several occasions) but this one did not offend me at all. Douglas Fairbanks is so damn endearing that I dont mind the minor Christian undertones. Its a good film!
May 25, 2007
This may not be the best silent, nor is it the best Douglas Fairbanks. It is the movie, however, that inspired my love for silent films(As a matter of fact, I define Fairbanks in dramatic terms by this one, not Zorro, or Robin Hood. Contrary to popular opinion, Fairbanks was a crappy swordsman.). It is the story of a resurrected girl (By a vision of the Holy Mother Mary, played in a short but brilliant cameo by Mary Pickford.)with the power to heal and the argentinian cowboy(gaucho)who defends her and her city against an army of bandits. It's a movie that all true believers should include in their collection.(This is the third of three movies that influenced my movie-viewing life.)
September 28, 2006