63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Sunshine Boys Reviews

Sunil J

November 25, 2011
Yuck. This was a pretty bad adaptation for tv. Allen is okay the humor doesn't deliver. Falk just seems cranky and irritating.
July 27, 2011
While not quite as charming as the original 1975 version of the play, I really like aspects of this remake. While in the original Walter Matthau embodied his character much more than Peter Falk does, I really like Woody Allen's take on Al Lewis. George Burns was funny, but his overly subtle character always faded into the background next to Matthau's. Allen's over-the-top neuroticism makes his Lewis a great opponent for Willie Clark. Some of the updated lines don't quite work and Sarah Jessica Parker is really wooden as Clark's niece, but overall, pretty entertaining.
MichelleasaurusRex
August 26, 2009
Kinda boring. But it had its moments I guess. This movie was a waste of time. I don't even know why I watched it. Oh well, too late.
Erick F.
June 8, 2012
Eh. Peter Falk was pretty annoying here. Like honestly. Maybe the script is outdated. Maybe I am not old enough. I don't know. Woody Allen was the only saving grace in this whole thing. But god damn did Peter Falk's character get annoying. He wasn't even funny ANY of the time. He was just an annoying old man. The type of old man that doesn't shut the fuck up at family parties and you just look for ways to get out of conversations. Well this movie is 90 minutes with that old man. The best part is when Woody Allen takes the roll of the viewer with his reaction to the old man. This is definitely a made for TV film and if Woody Allen wasn't in it I wouldn't recommend it to a soul. Good enough concept but the execution was poor.