Dick

Dick Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

July 2, 2012
A very enjoyable film. I really loved this film, and I thought it was a very well done political oriented comedy that had plenty of laughs, a good cast and aided by good directing. The cast here are great and the plot for the film is very well done and has a good, compelling story that has good laughs. Dick is a smart comedy that is well directed, and is quite charming as well. I really enjoyed the two lead actresses and they really made this film good. The script is very well written, and the story is flawed, but there are plenty of good moments that add so much to the enjoyment of this film. Director Andrew Fleming directs well and keeps the ball rolling and is able to keep you interested from start to finish. This is an entertaining film with a good cast that are really enjoyable to watch on-screen. This is one of those films that is brilliantly done, and despite the flaws, manages to be entertaining and fun. The cast make it work and the film very enjoyable entertainment. This is a must see film that has some good laughs and with powerful performances, great directing, this is what makes Dick a memorable film to watch. This is a smartly crafted film that delivers the laughs. If you want a good comedy, then you should check this film out. With an effective plot and cast, this is a memorable and fun comedy that has some brains. Give this one a shot because you may be surprised at how good it is. Lots of fun from start to finish, Dick is a fine political comedy.
Apeneck F

September 10, 2011
Saturday Night Live and Kids In The Hall alumni star in this purposely schlocky comedy of errors about the Watergate break-in and the eventual demise of the Nixon White House. More cute than actually funny, but nicely cute.
MeetMeinMontauk
MeetMeinMontauk

October 8, 2010
I remember seeing this movie in theaters and my mom didn't want to take me until I understood the Watergate scandal. Haven't seen it since then, but it's funny and Dave Foley is fantastic. Still, I enjoyed it!
TomBowler
TomBowler

June 19, 2010
A little underwhelming but nonetheless entertaining. Full review later.
Jani H

February 25, 2010
"Dick frightens me!"

Saw it on cable only because of Will Ferrell's name mentioned in the credits. Well some good news... for some of you... Will Ferrell does not star in this movie. He has a short role as a reporter and doesn't do his typical kind of role. The stars of this film are two cute girls, blondes of course, whom happen to be so stereotypically annoying and stupid that I really had troubles finish the movie.

'Dick' is a political satire about the Watergate scandal that ruined Richard "Dick" Nixon's career and presidency. I'll admit that the film has some good, funny scenes but in the end this movie just gets so annoying with its stupid story about a girl who gets a crush on the president. How is it possible that a teen girl would happen to fall in love with an ugly old man in the time of free love and crappy music? Doesn't work for me, not even in a comedy.

Although I started this review with lots of negative aspects, 'Dick' has some good scenes and funny moments (like mentioned earlier). But the acting is not that good. I like my comedies in a different way so I just got some more proof of not seeing movies staring cute teenaged girls. Pretty lame in the end but hey!... Will Ferrell's in it so... hence the better rating then originally intended.

"You suck, Dick!"
deano
deano

July 22, 2009
A delight start, with the girls exuding a charming combination of innocence and joy as Nixon's Secret Youth Advisors and dog walkers, takes rather a nasty turn in the latter half. The dramatic change in the due hits a low in the final cheesy scene that is unforgettably bad.
Drew S

December 14, 2007
"It's called incest, Arlene, and it's against the law."
Rico Z

July 3, 2006
It's so clever and funny. A comedy with a brain. The more you know about Watergate, the more you'll enjoy this movie. Kirsten Dunst and Michelle Williams are perfect as the brainless teenages behind the greatest political scandal of modern times.
boxman
boxman

February 23, 2006
[font=Arial][color=darkred]What should have been a biting satire on the whole Watergate mess and Nixon's resignation comes off as hackneyed and completely clumsily written. The jokes are beyond stale and moronic, the script is beyond meddling and sophomoric, and the satire is not even close to biting. It all appears like it was written by a freshman that got the Cliff Notes on Watergate then decided to watch an episode of Charlie's Angels.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]Kirsten Dunst once again manages to make me hate her in another performance (I just do not like her). The ditzy girls idea grows thin by the opening sequence let alone stretched to the rest of the movie. There are some bright spots like Dan Hedaya playing Nixon uncannily, and some former SNL and Kids in the Hall allums having fun with the material and parodying their characters. So why didn't they feature more of them?! Please tell me! The movie is lame and dredfully unfunny, and even more so when you account all the double entrandes using the name "Dick." I could very easily use the title of the movie in some sexually inuendous reference to how bad this movie sucks, but I'm above that. For now.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=darkred]Nate's Grade: D[/color][/font]
Dann M

March 8, 2013
Dick is an outrageous political satire that's charming and fun. When President Nixon makes two high school girls (who accidentally stumbled across the Watergate break-in) the official White House Dog Walkers, they end up bringing down his administration. Kirsten Dunst and Michelle Williams are excellent, and have real talent for this style of farcical comedy. Additionally, the script is quite clever in how it's able to keep the comedy light without becoming overly cartoonish. With sass and spunk, Dick is an entertaining and hilarious film.
Naughtia
Naughtia

May 15, 2010
I saw this movie a long time ago and remember enjoying it very much. It's about two teenage girls who are big fans of the US president Nixon. They go to meet the President and get to do many chores for him. Cute to see Kirsten Dunst in such a young age aspiring to be a great actress. This movie i well suited for family entertainment.
Critique Threatt
Critique Threatt

June 1, 2011
I enjoyed this very much and i'm sorta surprised the rest of the audience didn't like "Dick". This picture has got some great laughs and the cast is great. The filmmakers even got the 1970's tacky period down just right. I liked the idea of Nixon (Dan Hedaya) make the ditzy teen girls (Kristen Dunst, Michelle Williams)become official dog-walkers in a way to silence them from knowing Nixon's taping system inside the White House. Funny.
Sunil J

April 25, 2008
Wonderfully rediculous. I've seen this too many times.
Anthony V

May 4, 2007
Much more funny if you know something about Watergate.
Donna D

November 15, 2008
This was a crazy comedy set in the 70's. Kirsten Dunst and Michelle Williams are two whacky teenage girls that get to meet President Nixon, and stumble upon information that involves Woodrow and Burnstein involving the Watergate, and brings on the "Deep Throat" mystery. Hilariously done, with the classic 70's era and music, makes this movie a classic comedy. Enjoyable to see. :D
Sean S

June 14, 2008
Funny political satire of one of the most charged eras of American history.
Marcus W

November 7, 2007
For years, the identity of Deepthroat was kept secret. Now in this revealing documentary, the secrets of the Watergate scandal are laid bare. The fact that most of the characters are played by well known actors/actresses is at first hard to aclimatise to, but once it gets going it's a fascinating piece, up there with Fahrenheit 9/11. As the documentary progresses, it's also interesting to see just how amusing the situation was for those involved. Well worth a watch for anyone interested in just what goes on within the White House.
roseypie
roseypie

June 12, 2007
kirsten dunst and michelle williams played the typical innocent, nosy teens out to know what really happened behind the Watergate scandal. the movie was able to make a very serious topic into a hilariously smart film.
Haley A

April 12, 2006
Funny and enjoyable.
AlaineB
April 8, 2010
Fun little film. Don't watch it in a film-critic state of mind and you could enjoy yourself. I did.