Blind Faith

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Blind Faith Reviews

muveeKween
February 28, 2012
Good for one time viewing. Ending is sad. Found it a little boring but kept watching to see the outcome. Good for a rental not a buy.
February 18, 2012
"Blind Faith" is an angst-ridden, difficult film to watch. You might not anticipate it from this made-for-cable film's slow start, but the energy picks up as the court case begins 35 minutes into the film and leads to some incredible emotional outbursts from its lead actors. Even though some of the filming, acting, and music is indicative of a tv film, the script is very good and the main actors - Charles S. Dutton (who won an Independent Spirit Award for his performance), Courtney B. Vance, and Garland Whitt - create some impressive moments that are worth watching. While I fault the editors for some pacing issues (like the beginning and parts of the end that drag a bit), the entire courtroom sequence is excellent and the twist in this film is shocking while perfectly pulling the story together. If "A Few Good Men" is a 10, this film may only score a 5 but it is worth watching for its ability to instill a sense of anger through a frustrating father, controversial issue-centered plot, and unfortunate but necessary ending.
November 27, 2013
At times "Blind Faith" has the noirish look of "L.A. Confidential", unfortunately what's missing is the well-told story.
September 3, 2013
Tragic story of the consequences of intolerance and hatred, with fine acting by Courtney Vance and Charles Dutton, and a fine script.
February 15, 2012
Powerful, regretful, real when truth opened layer by layer. Charles S. Dutton gave a marvelous performance, unforgettable. If it is feature film, he deserved an Oscar.
October 2, 2011
I think that Charles, Lonette, Courtney and Kadeem, did an excellent job in this movie. I can't believe I missed it when it first came out. I think the story was well written, and it was certainly a film that brings you to tears and makes you angry at the same time. I think it is a MUST SEE!!!!!!!