• PG-13, 1 hr. 36 min.

Great cast. Good plot.
jjnxn
jjnxn

April 6, 2007
everyone is good but Rupert Everett is brilliant!
Michael G

November 12, 2006
Witty, charming and fun. See it once and you never really need to see it again.
DrStrangeblog
DrStrangeblog

December 14, 2008
Superbly written Oscar Wilde adaptation weaves its layers of romance and deceit masterfully, brimming with dry wit and astute observations about love. Marvelous cast with Rupert Everett scoring highest, and even the peerless Cate Blanchett would step aside to acknowledge the delightful doe-eyed performance of Minnie Driver. Be aware the whole film is one long talkfest, but if you savor the digestion of skilled, multi-meaning conversation, then 'An Ideal Husband' is a sumptuous feast for the ears.
Sunil J

April 25, 2008
A well-executed Oscar Wilde play that is both funny and charming.
iLeo

May 18, 2007
Me! LOL.
randhrshipper1
July 14, 2011
I just saw this again and enjoyed it very much. The wit of Oscar Wilde really shines through, I like the two main couples, especially the fact that we see one in the process of reaffirming how they feel after years of marraige and one in the process of getting together for the first time. And this cast! They are unbeatable.
moviemaniacgirl
moviemaniacgirl

June 15, 2010
Ideal is not a word I would use to describe "An Ideal Husband".

Cate Blanchett and Rupert Everett held up this average movie. The witt and humor mostly came from Everett and Blanchett's characters. This, though, proves that there was witt and intriguing moments.

The plot was good enough, up until the ending, which wasn't set up enough during the movie.

Overall worth a watch, but not as amazing as some lead you to believe.
April 14, 2009
if it werent for Cate and Mini, I probably wouldnt have watched all of this one.

an okay film.

** review to be continued **
rinkadink
April 10, 2009
Honestly, I thought this to be just plain boring, except for the very cute ending. Great cast though.
December 29, 2008
The cover for this is misleading, but while enjoyable, the movie is disappointingly forgettable. It's a shame considering all the talent in it but i really did have to look in awe at how large Minnie Driver's head really is.
May 21, 2008
it was well played but i really dont like watching satire soapopera type movies they fustrate me. the acting was very stage like but then again this was originally a play.
April 20, 2008
Delightful. I enjoyed the redemptive undertone. It made me ponder how we can sometimes put people on pedalstools when they personify our ideals...and how deeply we are hurt when their humanness interferes with those very ideals.

Ahhhh....but LOVE...IS the difference.

I only wish that people would have a little more faith in honesty.
flixsterbum
April 14, 2008
Witty and engaging. An enjoyable enough story with a wonderful cast including the wonderful Cate Blanchett and the beautiful Minnie Driver. If you're a fan of Oscar Wilde and period comedies of errors, a fun, light affair.
September 1, 2007
This movie reminds us of everything great that film can be because it uses absolutely no special effects, emotional manipulation, or surgically-altered bodies, yet it is still a marvelous ride. Instead we have a nuanced plot, the inimitable wit of Oscar Wilde, and superb acting, which combine to prove to us that today's high-octane life isn't half as exciting as a bunch of British aristocrats chatting in the drawing room. And if that is true, why are we wasting our time with these overbusy lives in the first place?
Clockwise
May 8, 2007
Well, this has funny dialogue and stuff, but I don't entirely get it all. Part of the ending didn't make sense (why did they all start to laugh? she hadn't EXPLAINED anything to the husband yet, so why are they acting as if it's all resolved? It's not yet!) and it's somewhat painful for me to watch in certain places 'cause I hate misunderstandings that take forever to be sorted out. I hate watching the middle when the understandings start being misunderstood, or whatever. But, despite all that, it's fun and witty and enjoyable. I just don't enjoy watching the whole thing. But it was still good.
jaredkelsey
August 1, 2007
Clever dialogue and top notch performances by the cast make this story of morality and doing what's right, a winner!