19% Transcendence Apr 18

—— Unforgettable: Season 3

Stranger Than Fiction Reviews

Shaqswife
November 29, 2008
This movie is not well known at all. It is one that really fell off the radar. Great movie about friends covering up a muder. Good plot, good acting and great ending.

Excellent movie with a twist at the ending.
foxyroxx
April 1, 2007
[SIZE=4][FONT=Impact]American Splendor[/FONT][/SIZE]

This had the potential to be very good, with a quirky edge that was reminiscent of dare I say, 'Little Miss Sunshine' or *gasp* the masterful, 'Tenenbaums' but unfortunately 'Splendor' just didn't deliver. There were breif moments where I was entertained by the original and stylistic approach of the documentary/movie but to sum up, the film was little more than a mundane documentation of boredom.

See this if you liked: 'Napoleon Dynamite', 'Thumbsucker'

[SIZE=4]
[FONT=Impact]Stranger Than Fiction[/FONT][/SIZE]

Kudos to Will Ferrell for proving that he has a deeper dimension to his capability than the one sided humor we seem to witness on a regular basis. He plays Harold Crick, the main protagonist with a loveable warmth and heartbreaking meloncholy that is consistent throughout. The film itself is beautifully written and certain stylistic elements of Harold's obsessive compulsions are expertly executed though, the actual story itself is rather weak and unsatisfying. I felt that the depth of characters as played by Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Dustin Hoffman were unsympathetic and contained little substance worthy of garnering any kind of emotional sympathy from the audience. It is certainly worth watching but don't hold your breath for anything profound.

See this if you liked: 'Adaptation'
theagent37
January 2, 2007
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]As you can see, I've got some catching up to do. I'll get to it as soon as I can.[/size][/font]