Screwed Reviews

puffchunk
October 25, 2007
No one would survive a lava lamp to the face.
John2223
March 9, 2009
Nothing great, but works because of clever casting and funny material.
July 14, 2007
It's not a great movie but just look at the talent in the cast. This deserves so much more than a 13% rating. Like Dirty Work, the other comedy Norm stars in, you have to like Norm. You have to be okay with his complete inability to act. For me, that's kind of what I enjoy about his performances. Did you ever hear his line delivery in stand up? Dave Chappelle is kind of out of place here. I feel as though they wanted him to be Norm's idiot sidekick but he's not an idiot. So instead he's just Norm's black friend who hits people with desk lamps. He does the best he can with the material he's given but you can tell it's not really his style of humor that we've all grown used to so you can feel that he's being held back from doing something great. Lastly, Danny DeVito really shines here. He plays the same grotesque despicable character he always plays and is so good at. I found the dopey cops and the convoluted web of double crosses to be highly entertaining both on the level of parody as well as legitimate story telling. The only thing I'd say is that the first half of the movie drags a bit. There are definitely pacing issues that could have been tightened up but overall this is a good example of a competent movie. Definitely felt a little bit like a student project partially due to a low budget but also due to some amateur directorial decisions and oversights. Like maybe it was this director's first movie, I don't know I didn't look into it, but you can tell the script was good and you can just tell there is a lot of talent present.
August 30, 2012
This is a funny movie and one that kept me laughing all the way through. In this movie main character Willard Fillmore works for a harsh extreme old lady who runs a pie factory, she never takes anything in his life into account. Miss Crock treats him horribly. Then on a bad day Willard Fillmore can't take it anymore and decides to create a kidnapping of her dog with his friend and chicken joint owner Rusty P. Hayes. Right from the get go of this plan things are out of control, both Willard and Rusty lose the dog and Miss Crock thinks that it has been Willard that has been kidnapped. Willard and Rusty keep going with the idea, which causes way more problems then they can handle. An enjoyable film with great performances from the entire cast, this one will have you laughing from the ridiculousness. A 10 out of 10.
½ September 17, 2009
Well I have to say I think alot of people overlook this one and that is quite A shame because this is an ALL time best for Dave and Norm this is A laugh out loud funny film that doesnt disapoint me Devito is in it and he's once again great you have to love some stupid humor for it but that's what I do
½ August 4, 2009
This movie is soo funny. Even though it gets boring sometimes but its still worth a watch. It makes you laugh :D
I just love Dave Chappelle and Norm Macdonald, their so funny. :D
½ April 3, 2009
Only slightly funny; which is a disappointment considering the cast. Some parts are so dumb that they are funny, but most parts are too dumb to get any sort of reaction from someone with even half a brain. It might be funny if you watched it while drinking heavily, but that theory probably would work on any movie.
½ December 18, 2008
This is very in the same vein as Dirty Work, in that you have to appreciate MacDonald's bad acting schtick to enjoy it. DeVito delivers yet another hilariously insane character, and Chapelle's performance is on par with his showing in Blue Streak.
All in all a kooky crime-gone-awry comedy worth a few laughs.
½ June 12, 2007
A chauffeur kidnaps his rich boss's dog to hold it for ransom, but when she accidentally gets the dog back, she thinks that it's the chauffeur who's been kidnapped.
October 26, 2007
I was so excited to see this when it came out. It's not a bad film if you like MacDonald and Chappelle. Even DeVito is all right.
½ June 1, 2007
This movie was so funny Dave always cracks me up...and how that white did that dude so slave like was so funny!
August 9, 2006
Funny movie. I love Norm McDonald and Dave Chappelle and Danny Devito is funny too. I like this movie.
½ November 12, 2014
August 1, 2012
Plus one star for Norm Macdonald.
January 17, 2013
"SO THIS WHERE THE BITCH SLEEPS HUH?"
½ July 16, 2012
On par with "Battlefield Earth" for worst movie of 2000.
½ May 30, 2012
Screwed feels like sit-com characters taking a stab at a feature film. What saves this from being a complete disaster are the random laughs the actors are able to inject (most through use of profanity) into this awfully scripted film.
½ April 16, 2012
I have never laughed so hard....
½ January 6, 2012
You might watch the trailer of this movie and think, "Whoooo cares?!" Any comedic benefits (laughter, giggling, etc.) from this movie can be credited to the actors. Danny De Vito is the most creepy, too, I love it.
November 11, 2011
awesome film, i loved it, can't believe people did not like this film, come on look whos in it.