—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Arabian Nights Reviews

Marion R

July 2, 2007
Well done TV mini Series, not many things I can gripe about, it didn't feel long to me. If you like Fantasy films, it's a good watch.
nysa00
March 26, 2011
Made for TV movies are a different beast than movies made for the cinema, and must be judged as a separate genre. In the TV genre this is a top-notch film. Obviously the storyline is awesome, it is taken from the book with very little change. It is visually appealing, the characters are likeable and it is just a fun escape into fantasy.
Hamee
March 29, 2010
I loved this movie. The way that all the classic stories are told by making them relevant to the paranoid Sultan is wonderful. The cast was great and it didn't really have the feel of a made for tv movie like most Hallmark movies do.
grayavec
July 12, 2008
One of my favorite symphony pieces was Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade. Mili Avital gives this heroine some of the same quiet and intelligent passion that I attributed to her character from listening to the music. Unfortunately, all the actors around her ham it up. Good sets and costumes made me add half a star.
Drenyelle
January 15, 2008
Full of enchantment and wonder. The tales weave together very well, and the acting is great. I love this mini-series.
merlinthemadsnazgul
August 9, 2007
I think about this movie daily.
Please excuse the corny computer graphics people, it was made for t.v.
October 15, 2013
The heart is in the right place, but there are some issues with the execution - the special effects, CGI and greenscreening looks like it's from the late 80s, the acting is at times questionable and the sound quality is occasionally poor - particularly when the demon and genie are speaking. However, unlike most anthology films I've seen, I enjoyed all of the segments; the film puts its length to good use and tells enough of each tale to make it interesting without seeming overlong. It is at times cheesy and some aspects of the frame story feel a bit shoehorned, but I would still recommend watching.
Robyn M.
July 31, 2012
The Novel: Arabian Nights is Epic, to compare it's excellence with this particular Adaptation would result in failure.

The movie: Arabian Nights has it highpoints of action, yet it's hard to critize a Made for TV movie, because you know the Directors (Steve Barron, Dyson Lovell) are given a small budget to work with of $25,000 (It maybe big bucks for us,it's not if your in the film industry).

John Leguizamo who was praised for his role and won an Emmy for his portrayl, was finally credited as a serious actor and no longer a wannabe comedian. (I read his biography and was compelled to check out the Hallmark masterpiece at hand)considering he raved about it being a life changing experience. It may have catapulted the status of Legauizmos career, but destroyed Barron and Lovell's ability to make magic with lemons...
Ravi Teja
June 3, 2012
stories are well explained but could be short enough at the same time. Nice one!!
January 27, 2012
Saw it on Hallmark. Entertaining for the family and kids on a Sunday afternoon.
Maggie M.
November 14, 2009
Okay, this film is REALLY cool. It tells several different stories. Why they are being told keeps you on the edge of your seat as to WHAT might happen to the girl telling them due to her unusual circumstances. Hallmark movie....it's A+++ you and your family will really enjoy this film.
jazza923
May 5, 2006
A very pleasant surprise. Imaginative, very nicely made, awesome cinematography, sets and costumes, clerver special effects, nicely acted. Interesting story. The main flaw is it's staggering nearly three hour length, hence a few slow stretches.